Chad LaRose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
LaRose is a very interesting prospect for the Carolina Hurricanes that i've not heard much about. His numbers would indicate that he's a very strong prospect, but he was an undrafted free agent signing. Here are his numbers from his last year of Junior:

2002-03 Plymouth Whalers OHL 67 61 56 117

Average of almost a goal per game, which is very impressive. Here are his numbers from his first pro season this year:

2003-04 Florida Everblades* ECHL 41 16 19 35 16
2003-04 Lowell Lock Monsters AHL 36 7 9 16 29

Totals: GP: 77 G: 23 A: 28 P: 51

Is there any hope for LaRose to develop into an impact player at the NHL level? Martin St. Louis was an undrafted free agent as well, wasn't he? For those of you that have seen him play, how does LaRose compare to a player like St. Louis? Any information is appreciated! Thanks.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
LaRose was one of the better players two years in a row at Detroit's prospects camp as an invitee but tailed way off once the NHL players came. I was hoping they would sign him- but Detroit does seem to have a knack lately for weeding through their undrafted invitees and finding pro potential even if they don't impress the fans as much at the time. Dustin Kuk and some other guys you'd be hard pressed to track down looked better than Avery, Williams, and Robinson at the time but didn't get contracts- so I guess there's a good reason pro scouts get paid and fans don't. I'd like to see LaRose make it but not even averaging a point a game in the ECHL is probably a more telling sign than his overage numbers in junior for a smallish scorer. St. Louis at the same age was tearing up tougher competition in college and averaging a point a game against tougher competition in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->