Confirmed with Link: Chad Kolarik signs in Sweden

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
And the next Baby Pen is gone, the first one really hurting the farm team: top line right wing Chad Kolarik has signed a 2-year contract with Linköpings HC in the Swedish Hockey League (previously known as Elitserien).

Big chunk of last season's offense just left Wilkes-Barre. Kolarik had 20 goals and 24 assists in 50 regular season and playoff games after coming over from Hartford in a mid-season trade.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Interested to see how he does with LHC. They are one of the most defensive oriented teams in Sweden. Will be a real change from the Penguins organization.

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
Interested to see how he does with LHC. They are one of the most defensive oriented teams in Sweden. Will be a real change from the Penguins organization.

Hi there, Linköping fan here who's new to the Pens' side of HF... :) Just wanted to jump in and say that you are way off with that comment. It was true a couple of seasons ago (and god, that style of hockey was torture to watch!), but this past season we had an old coach come back to LHC and we've found our way back to how Linköping played in the past with lots of speed and skill in the offense. We were one of the best teams on the offense in the SHL this past season, so I don't think there should be any issues with too much defensive play :p

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Apparently Kolarik has been signed to replace the unforgettable Jeff Taffe who signed a similar 2-year deal with Linköping last month but then cancelled it due to 'family reasons'.

Also, one of our many 2nd round busts, Johannes Salmonsson, is a regular for LHC.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Hi there, Linköping fan here who's new to the Pens' side of HF... :) Just wanted to jump in and say that you are way off with that comment. It was true a couple of seasons ago (and god, that style of hockey was torture to watch!), but this past season we had an old coach come back to LHC and we've found our way back to how Linköping played in the past with lots of speed and skill in the offense. We were one of the best teams on the offense in the SHL this past season, so I don't think there should be any issues with too much defensive play :p

I completely forgot that Melin came back. Thought he was still with AIK for some reason. I watched a couple games to see how VCR was doing this season, but unless they were playing Frölunda I didn't see much of Linköping.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Bummer. Didn't see much of him personally but it was clear he was a big contributor down the stretch. Kind of surprised he would abandon Wilkes-Barre, as his family lives around there.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Trade for Zolernereniekcs and let this guy go?

Shero is a bum!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Some how this is Shero, Kennedy and Bylsma's fault.

I'm burning some hockey memorabilia and posting it on youtube tonight...god damn it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad