Confirmed with Link: Chad Johnson to STL 1yr 1.75m

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I like this signing. He's a decent replacement for Hutton, and someone not established enough to block Husso from getting his tryout when he's ready. He's good at positioning, so he should be pretty effective playing behind our defence (as was Elliott and Hutton). He should be able to take on a heavier game load if Allen implodes again (shut my mouth!). Let's hope that won't be necessary.

Reactions: Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Don't think i commented on this before, i just want to say this is going to be another fantastic cheap goalie signing.

I watched him two(i guess 3 now) seasons ago in buffalo and what he did there was nothing short of spectacular as well as what he did in CGY the year after...this past season....like....don't let his numbers fool you....you wanna talk about a BROKEN locker room with a horrible and i mean HORRIBLE team in front of you....that was the 17-18 Buffalo Sabres.

I see elliott/hutton levels of success for johnson this year in a blue note...especially considering we're arguably the deepest team in the west now. (I'll argue against WPG until they get a new 2C lol)

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
It seems like we’re the perfect spot for backup goalies wanting to drive their value up later in their career. Not upset as we reap the benefits of the cheap great season.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Good signing. Played ok in Calgary and Buffalo. Low cost.

Buffalo fan checking in here.... The Big Johnson (as some called him) was a great backup in terms of being a good, supportive locker room guy. On the ice though, he's Jekyll & Hyde. Some games he was unbeatable; others he was a total sieve. The net result was respectable stats but you never knew which Chad Johnson would show up.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Buffalo fan checking in here.... The Big Johnson (as some called him) was a great backup in terms of being a good, supportive locker room guy. On the ice though, he's Jekyll & Hyde. Some games he was unbeatable; others he was a total sieve. The net result was respectable stats but you never knew which Chad Johnson would show up.
Sounds kind of like Allen, only difference is I assume is Johnson will have a bounce back game after a bad one instead of hitting a month long skid like Allen.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If the Blues can spend more productive time in the other team’s zone this next season, I will worry less about our hot and cold goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad