Confirmed with Link: Chad Johnson to STL 1yr 1.75m

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I like this signing. Think he'll be a solid backup for Jake simply because he's more positionally sound. Good guy to get if they plan on giving Husso a few starts.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Best possible outcome for a backup, if Husso outplays him, you waive Johnson, and don't have to worry about '19-'20.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Half our board will never know we signed Bozak or Chad Johnson as half the board has the OP on ignore.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Stealth JD

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Solid situation here. Not a bad backup, and will allow Husso to start full-time in SA while getting some NHL games here and there.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I might have preferred Mrazek considering he has a little more upside (and signed for less), but he probably see Carolina as a slightly better opportunity this year to get playing time.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
I like it. He's a proven backup signed for just a year and can compete with Husso in camp. Fingers crossed at least one of them looks really good, and in turn breathes down Jake's neck to make him play harder. Johnson was good for that with Elliott in Calgary two seasons ago.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I like this. I absolutely want Husso getting 50ish starts in the AHL (or between the AHL and NHL combined if there are injuries). He's never started more than 41 as a pro and never gotten to 40 in North America. A huge part of being a starting goalie is how you handle the grind of a 55+ game workload and he should learn to do that before we're asking him to take a job from Allen.

Johnson reminds me a bit of Hutton and I think he'll fit well behind our D. I also think he is good enough to start 3 straight weeks of games if Allen goes off the rails and needs a reset. I love the 1 year contract. I missed my prediction of which goalie we'd get in Majority's prediction thread, but my guess of 1 year, $1.75 mil was dead on. Love that AAV and term for a quality, veteran backup while Husso takes his (hopefully) last developmental step outside the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->