Chad Denny

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Hey i was wondering if any of you have watched chad denny. the article on HF says hes adding more offense to his game this year. What do you all think of him. I'm not saying that he is exactly like dion phanufe (sp) but do you think that he might turn into a similar type player just not as good.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, players "add more offense" to their junior games as they get older and gain more responsibility, basically, which may or may not be related to any increase in their projected offensive contributions at the next level. In Denny's case, while I don't see him in his regular league play, I would have said from watching him against the Russians recently that he still looks like a guy who doesn't really project as an offensive player at the next level... big, freakishly strong, but still not the real mobility and skills that would make me think he'll score a lot as a pro, certainly not approaching the Phaneuf level, anyway. But you look at a guy like Andy Sutton, he seems to be able to put up 20-25 points for a big strong guy back there, I'd guess that's kind of the upside to hope for from Denny too if he pans out. :dunno:

Scot79

Dec 8, 2006
Maine
Denny is a big, strong defensemen with a canon of a slap shot. His shot is not that accurate, but from time to time he will fire one thru a screen and hit his mark. If he develops to where he is an everyday defensemen in the NHL, his slap shot would be nice to have on power plays. His goals this season have been timely, 5 game winners (1 was with about 30 seconds left, and one in OT).

I try to make it to as many Maineiac games as I can. Denny is currently injured and hasn't played in the last 3 games I have seen.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
My friends and I have a joke (not a good one mind you) whenever Denny unleashed a slapshot from the blue line, we called it ''the clearing'' (told you it sucked).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->