Chabot vs. Rielly

Who would you build your D around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2003
KW
Not at all playing to their audience. Completely unbiased coming from a show devoted to the team on a station with a common ownership as the team.

Thomas Chabot.

It's nothing to do with bias, it has more to do with the fact most of Canada's best d are right handed.

As of today, team Canada braintrust would certainly go with the more proven Rielly, in 4 years it may or may not be a different story, but as of today the clear choice would be Rielly.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot, only because his defense is already better than Rielly's even though Rielly is more proven offensively.

Chabot has had a superstar track record before he came into NHL and now he's maintaining it in his 2nd year(had better 1st year than Rielly) while Rielly is still being discussed as a legitimate upper-echelon number 1 D or not at this stage in his career.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
A 15 games sample size does not make Rielly ceilling a norris candidate lol. He's ~35 points defencemen with average defence trough 400+ nhl games

Didn't say that makes him a Norris candidate. His ceiling is based on much more than the last 15 games. He's well past being a 38 point defenseman at this point of his career lol.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Chabot, only because his defense is already better than Rielly's even though Rielly is more proven offensively.

Chabot has had a superstar track record before he came into NHL and now he's maintaining it while Rielly is still being discussed as a legitimate number 1 D or not.
Not by anyone credible.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Didn't say that makes him a Norris candidate. His ceiling is based on much more than the last 15 games. He's well past being a 38 point defenseman at this point of his career lol.
He has 1 50 point season trough 400+ games. Chabot will probably surpass that this year

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I remember they ran this poll like a week in the season and Leaf fans were acting like it was a ridiculous question.

I answered Chabot then. I'm sticking with my answer going forward. He's already better than Rielly and he's 21.

I thought Chabot would be better eventually but he looks to be atleast on par right now. The way Chabot can breakout under pressure is truly incredible. His edgework and skating for his size to make players miss is also truly exceptional. If the sens didnt have him they may not have a single win this season, thats how bad they are in comparison to what he brings to the table.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
It's the new guy, it'll always be the new guy. HFboards posters have the attention spans of goldfish.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
He has 1 50 point season trough 400+ games. Chabot will probably surpass that this year

He had 52 points last year and looks like he will eclipse that handily this season. 38 point defender lol you're gonna have to try harder.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ah yes Chabot, the human secondary assist. Gimme Rielly here.

Watch hockey. Not that Rielly isnt good he is terrific but if your pathetic excuse for your reasoning is a 3 word answer then seriously go watch the sens game from last night on Game Center.

It's the new guy, it'll always be the new guy. HFboards posters have the attention spans of goldfish.

Or the people that have tuned into a game have seen how he is playing on a D core filled with 5 and 6's as he takes all the hard matchups while he produces.

Or the same people that watched him dominate Jr like no other D man has in a very long time. You know maybe those are the posters you are talking about.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I remember they ran this poll like a week in the season and Leaf fans were acting like it was a ridiculous question.

I answered Chabot then. I'm sticking with my answer going forward. He's already better than Rielly and he's 21.
No he isn't. Rielly plays against some of the toughest competition in the league, has good advanced stats and is amongst the leaders in the NHL in D points right now. Nevermind he has a track record. How is Chabot already better?

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rielly has never even been near the running for the Norris... so im assuming your basing it off his first 15 games this year like someone else said.

And if that is the case then its likely Chabot would be ahead of Rielly in the Norris race too... then you take into consideration chabot is only 21.

Rielly may get some Norris votes this year, but hes part of a high powered offense... chabot doesn't have much around him, which makes it even more impressive that hes putting up those kinds of #'s.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Rielly has never even been near the running for the Norris... so im assuming your basing it off his first 15 games this year like someone else said.

And if that is the case then its likely Chabot would be ahead of Rielly in the Norris race too... then you take into consideration chabot is only 21.

Rielly may get some Norris votes this year, but hes part of a high powered offense... chabot doesn't have much around him, which makes it even more impressive that hes putting up those kinds of #'s.
Get back to me when at least half of the season is played

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No he isn't. Rielly plays against some of the toughest competition in the league, has good advanced stats and is amongst the leaders in the NHL in D points right now. Nevermind he has a track record. How is Chabot already better?
Actually Rielly is 2nd in points for dmen behind chabot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Get back to me when at least half of the season is played
I mean I could say the same to you about your statement about rielly being a Norris candidate... you based it off 15 games not his career, cuase he hasn't done anything to gain Norris votes in his career, up until this season(so far)

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I mean I could say the same to you about your statement about rielly being a Norris candidate... you based it off 15 games not his career, cuase he hasn't done anything to gain Norris votes in his career, up until this season(so far)
What statement about him being a Norris candidate?

Jul 10, 2003
KW

There is lot more than a 15 game sample size. It is based on his progression until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->