Chabot vs. Rielly

Who would you build your D around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Man, these wack sens fans are something else. Morgan easily. Chabot has been great so far. Lol, apparently Chabot is generational. Ek leaves and you instantly have his replacement. How awesome for sens fans.

Provide an explanation for why Morgan is better and a better player to build a team around at least? Rather than just hating on sens fans who are happy we have a Dman coming up lol.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s a small sample size so I can understand people taking Rielly.

I’m taking Chabot.

It’s not like he’s coming out of nowhere like Max Lajoie.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Just look at how he played against the Leafs.

He's a beast. No disrespect to Rielly but Rielly doenst even have skating or size.

Chabot looks like a guy that will be on the top pairing on team Canada Defences one day.

Morgan does not have that kind of talent. If he was I'd be worried for our defence.

This was actually brought up during Leafs Lunch radio yesterday (nice timing lol). I'm pretty sure it was Dave Poulin saying that not only would Rielly be on Team Canada, but that he'd most likely be the top LHD, so yes he does have that kind of talent. Feel free to let me know which LHD would be ahead of him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This was actually brought up during Leafs Lunch radio yesterday (nice timing lol). I'm pretty sure it was Dave Poulin saying that not only would Rielly be on Team Canada, but that he'd most likely be the top LHD, so yes he does have that kind of talent. Feel free to let me know which LHD would be ahead of him.

Well, the Olympics aren’t until 2022 so the leadership will have a few seasons to figure it out.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
How soon are we ready to compete? If we build a team to compete now or very soon, I go Rielly.

If it's adding the first player in order to compete 5 years from now, I'd take Chabot.

Voted Rielly.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
How can you not vote rielly? You're just voting for a mystery box with Chabot right now.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Voted Chabot but totally understand why people would go Rielly. A bigger track record goes a long way...

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Chabot is the fastest to 20 points as a defenceman since Brian Leetch also did it in 15 games back in 2000.

You should've seen the vitriol when it was pointed out how many points Rielly had after such and such games.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
This was actually brought up during Leafs Lunch radio yesterday (nice timing lol). I'm pretty sure it was Dave Poulin saying that not only would Rielly be on Team Canada, but that he'd most likely be the top LHD, so yes he does have that kind of talent.

Not at all playing to their audience. Completely unbiased coming from a show devoted to the team on a station with a common ownership as the team.

Feel free to let me know which LHD would be ahead of him.

Thomas Chabot.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
To build around as the OP states no question Chabot. If I’m trying to win this and next year that’s tougher. Chabot has a great resume but I need to see him put these numbers up consistently before I call him the next Karlsson

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You should've seen the vitriol when it was pointed out how many points Rielly had after such and such games.

All of these "records from the start of a season" are kind of silly and arbitrary because they require the player to put up those points from Game 1 unlike any other sample of games throughout the season.

Now, in Rielly's case, he beat Bobby Orr's record for points in the first five games of a season.

As small a sample size as Chabot's 15 games are, it's still 300% the size of that particular sample. The bigger the sample, the more impressive the result.

But in both cases, it's early to start talking about Norris trophies. We're not even looking at 1/4 of the season yet.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Chabot. Just pure dominance without any help from guys like Tavares and Matthews. Playing with Dylan Demelo as a partner. Showing why he's the only D to ever win best player of the WJC. Rielly was dreaming of what Chabot is doing at the same age.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I like both players. as far as Team Canada goes for Olympic #1 LHD goes, Chabot can stake his claim to the spot by accepting another invite to the World Championship this spring. and if Rielly becomes available, he can join him.

I think Makar on the right side has a shot at being better than both.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Im taking Chabot easily. Rielly is a stud and Im a big fan but Chabot is much younger, on a much much worse team, and has more points. Chabot it is for my Oilers.

If we only we took him with the 16th pick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad