Chabot vs. Rielly

Who would you build your D around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If you want to argue Chabot has looked better at 21 than Rielly did then sure I’ll give you that.

But Rielly has a been a #1 for far longer than HF will ever admit. I think your guy is great, but you’re weighing way too heavily on an unsustainable 16 game stretch.

edit: by the way your guy is #5 on your team in Quality of Competition, where Rielly was top 5 in the league last season.

agree. chabot is better at 21 than rielly was at 21. right now rielly is better, by a lot.

34g/67a/101pt/+39 pace thus far

ELITE

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
What was Rielly 'proven at', though?

This is the first season they've both looked like anything special, and Rielly fell off a little after his four game hot streak to start the season. Chabot has remained consistent.
I basically see Rielly proven as 35-50 point defender as his previous seasons show. Chabot has a hot start behind him as do Rielly. But of course if Chabot keeps up his pace and continues it next season then I will probably change my mind. I have only the numbers and eye test of Rielly.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
since last year

chabot: 14g/47pts in 80 games (0.59ppg)
rielly: 13/73pts in 93 games (0.78ppg)

and its chabot in a landslide. hf logic.
Why are you using last year? Rielly was better then. Much closer now

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
since last year

Sure, that favours your guy if you ignore all context. Chabot did that on his off side because of Boucher's system and behind Erik Karlsson. Who was Reilly behind?

I'd like to see Chabot continue this for a year before I crown him as "the league's newest super star dman" but based on his pedigree and the eye test so far it's not as outrageous as you guys seem to think it is to say Chabot is as good or better than your guy.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I'd take rielly.

But more importantly I'd take an elite cup competing team, self up nicely for the next decade. [Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
since last year

If you dont see that your way of using stats in that post might be misleading and ignorant i dont know what to say.
Rielly is in his prime and in his 6th season in the NHL, Chabot was a rookie last season and is still very much in a developing part of his career.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
agree. chabot is better at 21 than rielly was at 21. right now rielly is better, by a lot.

34g/67a/101pt/+39 pace thus far

ELITE
Rielly 17 games 21 pts ------- playing on the Defensive minded Leafs :sarcasm:
Chabot 17 games 22 pts.------playing on the highly offensive Sens.:sarcasm:
Come again.

Had to put a :sarcasm: for people don;t get confused.

Last edited:

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
People starting to feel silly yet about voting Chabot?
I feel like a total idiot. I beg that you guys forgive me even after such a blunder.

It's truly amazing that us mere mortals that voted Chabot have the privilege of walking the Earth with such godly beings that voted Rielly. A true miracle.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
I feel like a total idiot. I beg that you guys forgive me even after such a blunder.

It's truly amazing that us mere mortals that voted Chabot have the privilege of walking the Earth with such godly beings that voted Rielly. A true miracle.

Such a salty post.... Gatorade would help you a lot! Have one!

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Sure, that favours your guy if you ignore all context. Chabot did that on his off side because of Boucher's system and behind Erik Karlsson. Who was Reilly behind?

I'd like to see Chabot continue this for a year before I crown him as "the league's newest super star dman" but based on his pedigree and the eye test so far it's not as outrageous as you guys seem to think it is to say Chabot is as good or better than your guy.

Your right, Chabot's been sheltered and Rielly has not, good point.

It is outrageous to say Chabot is as good or better than Rielly.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Rielly 17 games 21 pts ------- playing on the Defensive minded Leafs :sarcasm:
Chabot 17 games 22 pts.------playing on the highly offensive Sens.:sarcasm:
Come again.

Had to put a :sarcasm: for people don;t get confused.

One faces other team's top lines and the other gets sent out whenever the other team's top line isn't on the ice. As a DMan.

Chabot is close to as good as Rielly offensively, but he's not there yet, but he's not even close defensively and, you know, the D in DMan.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
wtf why would anyone feel sorry for voting Chabot?

dud is in his 2nd nhl season as a dmen and killing it

lmao delusional ppl.. and I say this when I got called a rielly/bc born biased poster for hyping up rielly in the past

there are crows being served with rielly, but this is not it

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
since last year

Lol ur using last year for a 20 year old defensemen on a tire fire team compared to a defensemen in his prime? How convenient u cherry pick "since last year" because of course u expect a rookie dman to match Rielly right? This year Chabot on a worse team is already carrying and is only getting better. Rielly at this age could barely score 30 points. If u switch their teams around Chabot wins in a landslide. I remember u guys used to say Rielly is better than Kieth because he was better at the same age. What about Chabot being better than Rielly at the same age? I bet u guys are gonna change ur tune now right?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Lol ur using last year for a 20 year old defensemen on a tire fire team compared to a defensemen in his prime? How convenient u cherry pick "since last year" because of course u expect a rookie dman to match Rielly right? This year Chabot on a worse team is already carrying and is only getting better. Rielly at this age could barely score 30 points. If u switch their teams around Chabot wins in a landslide. I remember u guys used to say Rielly is better than Kieth because he was better at the same age. What about Chabot being better than Rielly at the same age? I bet u guys are gonna change ur tune now right?
what happened to a 20 game sample being too small to declare someone a good defenseman?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
what happened to a 20 game sample being too small to declare someone a good defenseman?
Am i claiming Chabot is the best defensemen in the league? This is now way comparable to how Matthews was better than Mcdavid after 5 games and how apparently Rielly is the best player in the game after 20 games. Chabot has shown great growth and is only getting better. He is much better than Rielly was at the same age. I mean he is only a few points behind what Rielly got after 82 games at the same age. Its a no brainer really.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
What's really rich is that the thread went dead for a couple days then, after a couple good games from Rielly, all the leaf fans come out of the woodwork and taunt ppl who voted chabot like they're out to lunch

Reactions: Sayonara77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad