Chabot VS Rielly

Who do you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Are Leaf fans bitter about Saturday and deciding to make revenge polls?

Anyways, you ask two very different questions in the OP. Right now I take Rielly. Chabot certainly has a chance to close the gap going into the future.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Now and future: Rielly

Rielly is approximately the 20th best dman in the league (low end #1). He looks poised to bump himself higher up the list this year with his red hot start. His defensive play is significantly better than it was a couple years ago as his rush defense and decision making (pinching in or not, skating in deep, pass/dump in, etc.) is great. He just needs to improce d-zone coverage a bit more (which he has been working on).

Chabot on the other hand looks like the real deal. He could be a Norris candidate down the road, but defensemen develop weirdly and a ton of great young dmen never continue to develop as expected. Loved his play in the world juniors and think he should be at least a valuable piece moving forward for the sens.

Chabot just hasnt shown enough yet at the NHL level to be in a poll against Rielly. Dmen are even harder to predict how they transition from pre-NHL to NHL play than forwards so it makes it even tougher to gauge how good he will be in the future since hes only played 1 season so far.

Reactions: Voight

Mar 26, 2010
Rielly AINEC!!!!!!!!!!!

Rielly >>>>>>>>>>> chabot.

That being said, Chabot is a solid prospect.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chabot will be better in my opinion the puck follows him around and the game looks easy. Rielly is a terrific d man no doubt I just dont think he has the same high end skill as Chabot. Right now clearly Rielly is the better player.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The only limitation Rielly has is his shot and even that looks a lot better this season lmao

Gonna disagree. I feel Rielly has some other limitations to his game that some aren't willing to address.

I still take him over Chabot right now but not going forward. Nothing against Rielly. He's a fine player, I just think Chabot has the potential to be better than him.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Gonna disagree. I feel Rielly has some other limitations to his game that some aren't willing to address.

I still take him over Chabot right now but not going forward. Nothing against Rielly. He's a fine player, I just think Chabot has the potential to be better than him.
Like? And let's be honest, out of all the other 1D's in the league, Rielly has probably the worst partner in Hainsey who is a 5 or 6 at this point that can play on the pk.

McAvoy has Chara
Slavin has Pesce
Suter has Spurgeon
Subban has Ellis/Ekholm
Josi has Ellis/Ekholm
Jones has Werenski

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Chabot continues to fly under the radar. All I'm going to say is Rielly definitely didn't look this good when he was Chabot's age, and Chabot has much more responsibility than Rielly did too.

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad