Chabot vs Girard

Chabot vs Girard

• Total voters

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Both are very good and smart , went with Chabot because of his size.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Most fans haven’t seen enough of Girard yet and he didn’t have a ton of hype as a prospect but I think he will really turn some heads this year. He was easily the best player on the ice for either team during both the Wild and Flyers games and was good again last night. It’s not just his offence but his defence is way beyond what the stereotype of a small dman would be. For me only Mackinnon and Rantanen are more valuable members of the Avalanche. I would rather trade any of Makar/Barrie/Jost/Landeskog/Zadorov at this point before I would trade Girard. Everyone says the Senators were the team that really lost the Duchene trade but I think in time Girard + Kamenev + 2nd for Turris will also look really poor, even if Nashville has the defensive depth to deal some away.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
you care to elaborate other than you're a colorado fan because to me it makes no sense... im a neutral fan and it's the way around here.

Girard is a special player. His skill and age fit the organization's needs perfectly. I take Girard over Chabot purely based off of need and fit.

Barrie is likely gone and Girard fits so well that when Barrie gets moved Girard can slot right into that role on the power play (where he is a better fit than Barrie anyway).

Chabot seems like he's in a different tier, for sure.

People overrate their players so much on here lol

Not wanting to trade Girard for Nylander is overeating? Wow. Girard takes over the left side on the top pairing which has been desperately needed for the Avs for how long now? Funny how the Avs have been criticized for their defense and now that they finally have one and don't want to trade their 2nd best defenseman for a winger they're overeating their players. Just silly. Either you don't watch Girard play or you just like telling Avs fans that their players are overrated. Or both.

I don't know who hurt you, but you need a better outlet than being rude to fans that know what they're talking about. Go get a hug brah.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not wanting to trade Girard for Nylander is overeating? Wow. Girard takes over the left side on the top pairing which has been desperately needed for the Avs for how long now? Funny how the Avs have been criticized for their defense and now that they finally have one and don't want to trade their 2nd best defenseman for a winger they're overeating their players. Just silly. Either you don't watch Girard play or you just like telling Avs fans that their players are overrated. Or both.

I don't know who hurt you, but you need a better outlet than being rude to fans that know what they're talking about. Go get a hug brah.

Ask any Leaf fan how I feel about their team...seriously, do it.

Nylander scored 60+ points in each of his first two seasons in the league. He has a lot more value than Girard

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Girard is a special player. His skill and age fit the organization's needs perfectly. I take Girard over Chabot purely based off of need and fit.

Barrie is likely gone and Girard fits so well that when Barrie gets moved Girard can slot right into that role on the power play (where he is a better fit than Barrie anyway).

once again i don't understand your point, first of all the pool isn't about the fit it's a player vs player

second, i don't get your point on team fit, Both are LHD PMD, they have 1 year difference and to me Chabot is superior offensively and defensively! did you see the kid play at the u18? on top of that Chabot as the bigger frame while being as much as a fluid skater

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
once again i don't understand you're point, first of all the pool isn't about the fit it's a player vs player

second, i don't get your point on team fit, Both are LHD PMD, they have 1 year difference and to me Chabot is superior offensively and defensively! did you see the kid play at the u18? on top of that Chabot as the bigger frame while being as much as a fluid skater

The guy is clearly just too attached to his own player and overrates them

StrictlyRandysDog

Sep 4, 2018
once again i don't understand your point, first of all the pool isn't about the fit it's a player vs player

Good thing we are talking about what they have done in a grown men’s league eh?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad