Player Discussion Chabot ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You're comparing apples and oranges though. Claesson has over 100 games in the NHL now. Yes, he should be allowed to make mistakes and learn, but the problem with him is that he seems to have regressed. He doesn't deserve to play every night right now.

Chabot, on the other hand, is getting better and better, and is a rookie.

So Claesson "should be allowed to make mistakes and learn" but has to sit.

But Chabot "should be allowed to make mistakes and learn" but play.

How terrible would it be if Chabot were sent to Belleville for a little while, play tons of minutes, and Claesson "be allowed to make mistakes and learn" ........ to help management "assess" all their players, before the trade deadline .... to help make a better decision on the direction they want to go?

Just what is the down side, for a rookie to go down to the AHL, until TDD is over?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He absolutely should be in but not at the expense of Chabot.

That's why I suggest that Chabot go down to Belleville and play a crapload of minutes, until he's recalled at or around TDD once a D man or two are moved?

What is " the expense " of that?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Absolutely they should and both should both be in Ottawa. And if a choice needs to be made, it's Chabot over Classeon.

What is the downside of having them both play, Chabot in Belleville playing 25 min plus per game, working on his defensive shortcomings, and Claesson playing games in Ottawa???

Will Ottawa fail to make the playoffs?
Will Chabot have his feelings hurt and demand a trade?

I just wish people would just take a logical long term look, and where the Sens are now, and where they want to be come training camp.

I think it's safe to say that players are being showcased, and scouted for a possible TDD deal ......... and why not include Claesson in that process.

Maybe he attracts some interest from another team, or he shows he belongs to stay.

The rest of the season is basically a write off, and after TDD, sit anyone you like.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What is the downside of having them both play, Chabot in Belleville playing 25 min plus per game, working on his defensive shortcomings, and Claesson playing games in Ottawa???

I just wish people would just take a logical long term look, and where the Sens are now, and where they want to be come training camp.

I think it's safe to say that players are being showcased, and scouted for a possible TDD deal ......... and why not include Claesson in that process.

Maybe he attracts some interest from another team, or he shows he belongs to stay.

The rest of the season is basically a write off, and after TDD, sit anyone you like.
No one is saying claessen shouldn’t be in. Oduya should not be playing right now. Chabot is working on his defensive shortcomings in the league he belongs in.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So Claesson "should be allowed to make mistakes and learn" but has to sit.

But Chabot "should be allowed to make mistakes and learn" but play.

How terrible would it be if Chabot were sent to Belleville for a little while, play tons of minutes, and Claesson "be allowed to make mistakes and learn" ........ to help management "assess" all their players, before the trade deadline .... to help make a better decision on the direction they want to go?

Just what is the down side, for a rookie to go down to the AHL, until TDD is over?

Management told Chabot to find a place in Ottawa. The downside would be pretty bad sending him back lol. It would be a very very silly decision.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

We're saying the same thing.

Tell Oduya and Boro to grab some bench, or some wings in the press box. Play Chabot and Claesson. This season is over. Let them both make mistakes. Wins and loses don't matter. For better or worse, Boro isn't moving, and Oduya is a known quantity. Get started on next year.

Would it hurt Chabot's feelings to park him in Belleville? Maybe, but as others have pointed out, to tell him to get a place then send him back down looks really Mickey Mouse.

We're saying the same thing. The future needs to play.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No one is saying claessen shouldn’t be in. Oduya should not be playing right now. Chabot is working on his defensive shortcomings in the league he belongs in.

So you don't want to Showcase Oduya, and perhaps attract some interest before TDD?

Chabot can work on his defensive shortcomings in the AHL, there will be no difference in the Season's outcome.

You want Chabot to play, make mistakes in the NHL, while either Claesson of Oduya sits ........... and risk not being able to shed one or both of them if an offer were to come in, worth considering.

Once a D man is moved (take your pick) Chabot can easily make the 90 minute drive back to Kanata .................. just don't see the urgency in having him play third pairing minutes in the NHL, for the next couple of weeks, when he can be playing first pairing minutes in Belleville while Dorion makes room on the blue line, so no one has to sit.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Kind of weird to tell him to get a place in Ottawa and then send him down no?

Telling him to get place in Ottawa does not mean it's guaranteed that he'll never be sent to Belleville, in fact I'm pretty sure I read he was told that when Dorion told him to look for a place here.

What are you afraid of? Is he going to demand a trade?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you don't want to Showcase Oduya, and perhaps attract some interest before TDD?

Chabot can work on his defensive shortcomings in the AHL, there will be no difference in the Season's outcome.

You want Chabot to play, make mistakes in the NHL, while either Claesson of Oduya sits ........... and risk not being able to shed one or both of them if an offer were to come in, worth considering.

Once a D man is moved (take your pick) Chabot can easily make the 90 minute drive back to Kanata .................. just don't see the urgency in having him play third pairing minutes in the NHL, for the next couple of weeks, when he can be playing first pairing minutes in Belleville while Dorion makes room on the blue line, so no one has to sit.
Chabot been playing top 4 minutes for a bit now. Or at least he’s averaging that. Oduya has played all season. Teams have gotten a look at him.

I’m not looking to move claessen

Edit: Why not send down boro to work on his offensive shortcomings?

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We're saying the same thing.

Tell Oduya and Boro to grab some bench, or some wings in the press box. Play Chabot and Claesson. This season is over. Let them both make mistakes. Wins and loses don't matter. For better or worse, Boro isn't moving, and Oduya is a known quantity. Get started on next year.

Would it hurt Chabot's feelings to park him in Belleville? Maybe, but as others have pointed out, to tell him to get a place then send him back down looks really Mickey Mouse.

We're saying the same thing. The future needs to play.

So sending Colin White back and forth to Belleville is okay, but Chabot going down, to allow other d men to play before TDD, with the goal of moving one or more is not Okay?

If you have two cars, and want to sell one, do you advertise it, or let people check under the hood and take a test drive???

It seems some "fans" want to sit Oduya, and risk not getting a late round pick, or sit Claesson and risk a deal that could have worked, if he was showcase and was "throw in" to shed a big money contract.

Please, think big picture ........... to have the roster revolve around Chabot, and his feelings, is short term, small time thinking.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Chabot been playing top 4 minutes for a bit now. Or at least he’s averaging that. Oduya has played all season. Teams have gotten a look at him.

I’m not looking to move claessen

Edit: Why not send down boro to work on his offensive shortcomings?

Is Boro waiver exempt?

Is Boro's "role" an offensive one?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is Boro waiver exempt?

Is Boro's "role" an offensive one?
My point is why are guys always getting sent down or bench because of defensive shortcomings. But offensive shortcomings are simply nothing and no one ever has fix the offensive side of their game. Chabot is learning fine here.

Enough with f***ing roles. How about every just have a decent defensive game and an offensive one

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You're grasping at straws here.

If you think Claesson should be playing over Chabot right now and that Chabot should be sent down, we should just leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Again, putting words in my mouth.

Never did I say "this player should be playing over another"

Look, the season is lost.

The Sens should be focused on next season, and who they want to return to training Camp.

To do this, some players/contracts need to be moved.

The Senators cannot just move the player they want to move, they have to wait for another team looking for a particular player on their roster.

Some deals that Dorion might be asked about, might include a "throw in" player to sweeten the deal, and Claesson my or may not be that player. He definitely won't be, if he's sitting in the pressbox for the next three weeks.

Does Dorion want Claesson back next year? Who knows, but some GM may want player X, but does not want to give what Dorion asks in return ................ if throwing in Claesson make the deal work, then why not allow that possibly?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the choice is play Chabot or play Claesson .. Assuming both are healthy I would play Chabot over Claesson easily.
If Claesson comes in ,, someone else sits. Chabot has been really improving all aspects of his game. He is definitely going in the right direction at a very good pace. I am certainly not sitting him because the puck bounced on him at an inopportune time ... Even if you really want to fault Chabot on that .. the game was already lost .. it did not cost the team anything.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
My point is why are guys always getting sent down or bench because of defensive shortcomings. But offensive shortcomings are simply nothing and no one ever has fix the offensive side of their game. Chabot is learning fine here.

Enough with ****ing roles. How about every just have a decent defensive game and an offensive one

the point(s) I've been trying to get across ......... is that the Senators need to look three weeks ahead, and need to have ALL their players on their roster playing , that may attract the attention of another (playoff bound) team, and would be willing to deal, if the offer was acceptable.

There is no way Chabot is going to be traded, neither in Karlsson ........ but every other D man could be, and it's in the Senators best interest to have them all playing to that end.

Having Chabot sit, is totally out of the question, so playing 25-30 minutes a night in Belleville for a couple of weeks, would allow him to develop, clean out his apartment, and come back to his new place (if he has one?) in Ottawa, after TDD.

This is NOT going to "set him back" in his development, and Ottawa could make the deals (on TDD) that benefits the team long term.

IF a team had some mild interest in Phaneuf, but was a little weary about his contract, would you prefer Ottawa suggest retaining some salary, or throwing in someone like Claesson, IF that is what it takes to make the deal work?

I could accept the Senators beginning training camp sans Claesson if it meant Phaneuf was also not there?

This example would not happen, if Claessson is sitting for the next two - three weeks.......... just because he should not be playing over Chabot in the pecking order that some "fans" think should take precedence over the long term interests of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad