Chabot out 3 weeks, Jaros out a month

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dislocated shoulder is much different than a separated shoulder, and has a longer recovery, as someone who has had both.

An avulsion fracture is an injury that happens in conjugation with a dislocation in many cases.

Maybe it's the wording we disagree on lol

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe it's the wording we disagree on lol
Possibly, though in not sure how. They are both entirely separate injuries.

A separation is injury to the ligament between the shoulder blade and collarbone. There isn't a big risk to re injure it.

A dislocation when your arm bone comes completely out of the shoulder socket, which in turn does ligament damage and can result in the shoulder bone fracturing as a result of the ligaments attaching the arm bone pulling away from the socket. Results in surgury many times. This has a risk of being a frequent reinjury.

I missed Sept-Jan one season with a dislocation and avulsion fracture as a result of the dislocation, and missed November the year after with a separation. The two injuries are completely different, as are the treatments.

Reactions: DJB

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well not be a jerk or nitpicky lol but separations is a synonym for dislocation in the medical community.

Avulsions are used normally to describe an injury to skin or tissue in which a flap is created post trauma.

Dislocations are typically categorized in degrees much like ligament knee tears. But are somewhat trickier as the shoulder can be partially separated or pop out and pop right back in, or completely dislocated and a doctor puts the shoulder back in the correct anatomical place.

The severity of the shoulder ligaments damaged usually determines the length of time a player will be out for.

The downside to people who have any type of dislocation is that it becomes much easier to dislocate that same part of the body afterwards. Met many people who've dislocated their knee or shoulder over a dozen times.

Separation and dislocation are distinctly different injuries. This article explains it well

Shoulder Separation and Dislocation: An Overview

Reactions: DJB

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dislocated shoulder is much different than a separated shoulder, and has a longer recovery, as someone who has had both.

An avulsion fracture is an injury that happens in conjugation with a dislocation in many cases.

Yep. Im currently on the shelf with a separation. Very different injury than a dislocation

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Well, this will give us a look at the depth the team has in the defense department, and may influence some future trades or draft selections.

It's not like this team was playoff bound, it is what it is.

BTW, I'd also like to see more of Hogberg than McKenna, until Anderson gets back.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yep. Im currently on the shelf with a separation. Very different injury than a dislocation
I wasn't even able to start physio on the dislocated shoulder (I did have an avulsion fracture as well) until a month and a half after the injury, and that is with opting out of surgery (foolishly on my part). I was able to start physio less than a week after my separation, hopefully your recovery is quick.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wasn't even able to start physio on the dislocated shoulder (I did have an avulsion fracture as well) until a month and a half after the injury, and that is with opting out of surgery (foolishly on my part). I was able to start physio less than a week after my separation, hopefully your recovery is quick.

Ya things are going good. I'll be back playing hext week. I will have missed 6 weeks.

Dislocation is a far bigger problem for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->