Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Tobias Rieder signs with the Flames (1 year, $700K, 2 way contract)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Tobias Rieder always plays well against the Canucks, so I was so surprised when I saw the hate on him last year - he was a depth guy I had wished the Canucks had a couple of seasons ago (now they have too many options at F). I think he will bounce back this year.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He's earned it. In comparison to a player like Smith Pelley who was also brought in to earn a contract - he was night and day better in every aspect - and can help fill certain holes on the roster (speed, pk ability).

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
HAHahah it’s like the province rivals switched half the teams with each other

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Blows my mind that he didn't score a single goal last season. Even Hathaway got 11

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Blows my mind that he didn't score a single goal last season. Even Hathaway got 11

I like it, load up the 4th line with speed. Backlunds and Ryans lines can handle a lot of tough minutes.

Mangiapane - Jankowski - Rieder

that's my guess to start the year.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I like it, load up the 4th line with speed. Backlunds and Ryans lines can handle a lot of tough minutes.

Mangiapane - Jankowski - Rieder

that's my guess to start the year.
I like Rieder too. But you'd figure one would go in off his skate or knee or back or something. I also remember he missed a wide-open net in the BoA last year. Just crazy

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I like Rieder too. But you'd figure one would go in off his skate or knee or back or something. I also remember he missed a wide-open net in the BoA last year. Just crazy

Eh, if he actually is cursed Quinne and Dube are going to be right there waiting. Rieder can eat popcorn all year.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
We swapped our worst players LOL

Ya I'd say the only one that isn't an upgrade is Rieder from Hathaway. Hathaway was super effective last year for his role.

Talbot and Smith are both question marks but I'll take Talbot over whatever the hell Smith was doing last year during the regular season. Get him some trustworthy defense and a therapist and the first shot thing should be fixable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad