Waived: [CGY] Tobias Rieder (cleared)

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I had some high hopes when he entered the league with Arizona. Seemed like a hard working guy, and he flirted with 20 goals, 40 points a few times.

I didn't follow his career when he went to LA (for Kuemper, who is such a good backup he's actually a great starter) and Edmonton. What happened to the guy? Only time I remember hearing his name is when whatshisname in Edmonton blamed him for ruining the team's whole season.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I had some high hopes when he entered the league with Arizona. Seemed like a hard working guy, and he flirted with 20 goals, 40 points a few times.

I didn't follow his career when he went to LA (for Kuemper, who is such a good backup he's actually a great starter) and Edmonton. What happened to the guy? Only time I remember hearing his name is when whatshisname in Edmonton blamed him for ruining the team's whole season.

Works hard, but can't finish anymore.

Reactions: qqaz

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Likely want to reward someone from Stockton with NHL time, more than Rieder being bad. He's been fine as a 12/13 F role

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Was pretty good as a 4th liner and some brief stints on the 3rd line when we needed some mixing up to do. Solid PKer too. Sounds like a Trotz kind of player.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Bad injury that robbed him of his speed. He became pretty pedestrian.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't really been good either. Little weird to see him already waived. Got to think there's something else happening.
He has more goals this season than the Oilers current entire bottom-6 combined.

That's alright, James Neal has the same amount of goals as our leading scorers have points.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Toby was a no cost acquisition. A useful asset whether in Calgary or in Stockton. I believe he was waived because he was taking a spot from Mangiapane or Czarnik both of whom played better when they were inserted into the line-up. At the same time, Reider was bounced around and never given a chance to settle in. This is my biggest gripe about Bill Peters. His blendo-matic approach to creating lines. The plug and play approach will get him fired one day.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
good for him earning a contract as a PTO. Getting more heat on here that if he just were nto offered a contract.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Kind of an odd time to waive him unless there is an AHL forward they are wanting to give some time to. We don't have anyone coming off injury either.

Precursor to another move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad