Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Re-signs Jankowski [2 years @ 1.675mil AAV]

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Great deal!

If Bergevin was any smart he would've offer sheet this guy at 3-4M for 5-6 years

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
best player of the 2012 draft
Only 4 posts for the least original joke going

Great deal!

If Bergevin was any smart he would've offer sheet this guy at 3-4M for 5-6 years
Jankowski filed for arbitration, he was ineligible for an offer sheet.

Also, your suggestion almost guarantees giving up the Habs 2019 1st round pick, so I wish he had too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh yea forgot about that rule. Is Hanifin doing the same?
He's not old enough for arbitration, but an offer-sheet we won't match will cost you you 1st round pick and considering you guys should be in the running for a top 3 pick, it doesn't seem like the smartest idea

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Only 4 posts for the least original joke going
Why joke? Hasn't been the best in the draft, but considering how poor the 2012 first round was, Jankowski's steady development and the fact that CGY got him in the 20s is pretty interesting. He's getting close to the finished product as a player but if Jankowski puts up 40 points next year, that pick -- and this contract -- looks pretty dang good.

Reactions: Dack

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Why joke? Hasn't been the best in the draft, but considering how poor the 2012 first round was, Jankowski's steady development and the fact that CGY got him in the 20s is pretty interesting. He's getting close to the finished product as a player but if Jankowski puts up 40 points next year, that pick -- and this contract -- looks pretty dang good.

Yeah, those "comparable to Martin Frk" offensive stats are pretty interesting.

Jankowski is part of the reason why the 2012 first round is considered poor.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's a joke that has been made millions of times since the, it's run it's course and needs to die

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, those "comparable to Martin Frk" offensive stats are pretty interesting.

Jankowski is part of the reason why the 2012 first round is considered poor.
A late first is hardly the reason why that round is considered poor. It is considered poor Because of picks like Takupov, Murray, Pouliot going in the top 10

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He's not old enough for arbitration, but an offer-sheet we won't match will cost you you 1st round pick and considering you guys should be in the running for a top 3 pick, it doesn't seem like the smartest idea

Yea I know, that's why I wouldn't offer more than 4.08... but Hanifin is easily worth that so the Flames would equal that pretty easily.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Reasonable show-me bridge contract. Should work out for both player and team.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Great deal!

When was the last time an offer sheet was made ?

Doing so might get you said player, but after that you get a target on your back for a long time, so pretty dumb overall.

And the smart thing to do right now for the Habs is to keep all our likely high picks, not give em away...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
When was the last time an offer sheet was made ?

Doing so might get you said player, but after that you get a target on your back for a long time, so pretty dumb overall.

And the smart thing to do right now for the Habs is to keep all our likely high picks, not give em away...

It's not giving them away if you get a good young player in return... I like Jankowski and I think is easily worth more then a second round pick, even at 3.5M.

So we get a target on our back, but who do we have to resign exactly in the coming years? If we don't match we get picks... great! If we really want to match we (Molson) have the money to do so. If you give fair offers to your RFA players, they'll just sign. They won't even be in the offersheet window.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's not giving them away if you get a good young player in return... I like Jankowski and I think is easily worth more then a second round pick, even at 3.5M.

So we get a target on our back, but who do we have to resign exactly in the coming years? If we don't match we get picks... great! If we really want to match we (Molson) have the money to do so. If you give fair offers to your RFA players, they'll just sign. They won't even be in the offersheet window.

It was impossible to sign him anyway because he went to arbitration.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's a joke that has been made millions of times since the, it's run it's course and needs to die
No, it doesn't because Feaster deserves to be ridiculed for picking player projected to go late 3rd round at #21. That line is as hilarious now as it was 5 years ago and it was bound to be unless Jankowski actually came close to being the best player in the draft.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It was impossible to sign him anyway because he went to arbitration.

Yes, another poster mentioned it before. Thanks!
This was more speculative, but it shouldn't be discussed in this thread anyway. Cheers

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

f***, why don't we just swing a trade? That unprotected first, we give you Janko. You get him at a better cap and he'll still be RFA after the deal :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad