Proposal: CGY-NYR

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Zuccs UFA after this year, so we'd end up with a third for a middle pairing defenseman at worse with a reasonable contract.

I might do it if I was sure that Andersson or Valimaki were ready to go. But right now, its just not that interesting.

If its a deal like this, I'd rather the Flames hold onto Brodie see if he bounces back and then move him for more at the deadline.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Zuccs UFA after this year, so we'd end up with a third for a middle pairing defenseman at worse with a reasonable contract.

I might do it if I was sure that Andersson or Valimaki were ready to go. But right now, its just not that interesting.

If its a deal like this, I'd rather the Flames hold onto Brodie see if he bounces back and then move him for more at the deadline.

If he bounces back our defense is going to be disgusting and I can't imagine they'd mess with it at the deadline. Either trade him for a 1 for 1 offensive help or keep him imo.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Brooks: Zuccarello is expected to report for duty at training camp, unless something dramatic happens this week.

So I doubt Zuccarello is available. But Kevin Hayes is, and I understand that Calgary is interested in him.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
If your gonna make that trade I rather have the rangers trade Zuccarello to the flames for Adam Fox and Sam Bennett,maybe the rangers throw in one of their first rounders too

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I mean with he combination of his sticky figure frame and how high he was picked he’s a bust to me

Stick figure frame?

He probably gained 10/15 pounds this year and judging by his beard and baldness, the testosterone is flowing so he should gain more weight haha.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Rangers aren't looking for 28 year old players with 2 years left on their contracts. They also aren't in need of left-handed defensemen. It's really not that complicated. Brodie might have a lot of value to the Flames, but he has considerably less value to the Rangers. So no, their value is not equal. The teams in question value each player differently.

You realize that thing about declining in your late 20s typically only applies to forwards? D-men don't typically even hit their prime until their late 20s. I can see where you are coming from, if the NYR are going full blow it up tank. Some of their recent trades might suggest that, but there are also rumours of them trying to acquire Kovalchuk. If the Rangers are doing a quick turnaround, which might be why they haven't unload many of their forwards in their mid-20s, then Brodie is the perfect player.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You realize that thing about declining in your late 20s typically only applies to forwards? D-men don't typically even hit their prime until their late 20s. I can see where you are coming from, if the NYR are going full blow it up tank. Some of their recent trades might suggest that, but there are also rumours of them trying to acquire Kovalchuk. If the Rangers are doing a quick turnaround, which might be why they haven't unload many of their forwards in their mid-20s, then Brodie is the perfect player.

I don't know where you got that from, but clearly you aren't a Rangers fan. Redden, Girardi, Staal, Klein, just to name a few.

I also mentioned that we don't need a left-handed dman. Rumors about us trying to sign Kovy are just that, rumors. It isn't an indication that we are abandoning the rebuild. Even if we do sign him (doubtful), it still doesn't mean we aren't rebuilding. Trading Zuccarello and signing Kovy to a short term deal (1 or 2 years) would be good asset management. We get futures for Zucc and replace his production for free.

You can think Brodie has a lot of value, but you aren't going to convince me, or most other Rangers fans, that he has a lot of value to the Rangers. He doesn't. If we had wanted to sign a 30 year old player to a long contract, we could have kept McDonagh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad