Proposal: CGY-NYR

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Lol #4 dman for two top line wingers? He would be ur best defenseman if not second best and kreider has scored 50 points once in his career. And zucc is a rental i would prefer bennett a proven top-9 winger to a late first and meh prospect
Brodie would be Tampa’s best defenseman? Don’t think so bud. I’m a Tampa fan not NY. Just pointing out how terrible this deal is.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
So people are idiots for calling Nylander a bust so you turn around and call Bennett a bust? Do you not see the disconnect there? Anyone that watches him play can see his value quite clearly. He plays a solid two way game and he plays it in an intense was that's fun to watch. He's incredible skilled, there was probably 5 or 6 games this year where he was the best player on either team.

But I get why people get frustrated with him. Because he looks dominant one game and then just disappears the next game. He's absolutely jinxed with scoring, it's been two years straight of Paul Bryon in 2014/15. Like at what point is it not bad luck? But the scoring chances are there so wtf, does his shot just suck? How do you explain the posts? Is his stick blade shorter than average? Why does it always hop over his stick when he has a wide open night?

Also, he takes bad penalties and goes through streaks of trying to do everything himself, to turning around and passing way too much the next game. He plays down to his teammates at times and he doesn't elevate his teammates. Rather he's better at being a support piece.

Like he's by no means a perfect player, but my god when he's on his good days this entire team significantly improves. There was a ten game streak where Bennett - Jankowski -Hathaway(who is an AHLer) we're outplaying Tkachuk and Backlund and even Gaudreau/Monahan at times. And that was the first time we've had a three line team for years. So selling him now when we might finally have a line for him seems crazy. And for a late 1st rounder that won't(if ever) make a difference for three years? Just makes no sense.

He's a 21 year old that missed a year, was rushed into the NHL, and has been stuck on a ****ty 3rd line for two years because the Tkachuk is simply better than him. Calling him a bust is just wrong.
TO add to this, I did some math at one point, but had Bennett shot his career average in shooting percentage this year, he would have had 18 -19 goals.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Why do I give a **** about that? I never said anything about Brodie at all. I was stating he thought you were a Ranger fan, that's it that's all. If you weren't so obtuse, you've have caught that
He claimed brodie would be “ur best defenseman” presumably referring to NY. I’m saying he wouldn’t be best on NY.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Ok the Bennett hate is kind of crazy I didn’t realize how quickly other fan bases like to jump on 22 year olds with a great two-way game. If I switched Bennett with Fox, who really aren’t that far apart in value, would Rangers fans be more interested?

It essentially breaks down to Brodie for Kredier and Fox for Zucc.

Funny that people say Brodie is a #4 d and Kreider is a top line winger when Brodie spent 2 seasons on a successful top-pair and is in his prime whereas Kredier topped 50 points once in his whole career.

And good luck getting a better prospect than fox or even player like Bennett for Zucc. It’s as good if not better a return than a late 1st+ meh prospect that you could get otherwise.

I would trade Zucc. for Fox.

You would have to come up with something much better than Brodie for Kreider.

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
Brodie would be 3rd in NY
Sorry I thought you were a rangers fan I shoulda read your name.

Who on the Rangers is better than Brodie? He jus turned 28 I don’t understand how you could argue he’s past his prime. He obviously just had a brutal year by his standards. TJ is easily a #3 and can be a great #2 with a good #1. Also he’d easily be Ny’s #1 LD

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Who on the Rangers is better than Brodie? He jus turned 28 I don’t understand how you could argue he’s past his prime. He obviously just had a brutal year by his standards. TJ is easily a #3 and can be a great #2 with a good #1. Also he’d easily be Ny’s #1 LD

Not sure why Brodie gets so much hate on here. Ya he's had two rough years in a row and he hasn't played to his potential. But his potential was a top 20 defender.

Just because he's not there anymore people act like he's should retire haha. He's still quite easily a #2/#3 that can skate like the wind and can lead a transition by himself. Not many defenders can do that.

Reactions: Matt Rbr

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Shattenkirk and Skjei

Reactions: RalphyDanger

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
Not sure why Brodie gets so much hate on here. Ya he's had two rough years in a row and he hasn't played to his potential. But his potential was a top 20 defender.

Just because he's not there anymore people act like he's should retire haha. He's still quite easily a #2/#3 that can skate like the wind and can lead a transition by himself. Not many defenders can do that.
Agreed. Maybe NYR would only be looking for picks and prospects but Brodie could easily return a 1st+ good prospect or a top-6 winger which is similar to Kreider's value.

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
Shattenkirk and Skjei

Definitely disagree with that but I guess that's your opinion. Even in Brodie's down year this season he had better P/60, CF%, GF%, Less offensive zone starts, and better xGF% than Skjei and when Brodie was Skjei's age he was on one of the best top-pairings in the league so not sure how you can argue that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Definitely disagree with that but I guess that's your opinion. Even in Brodie's down year this season he had better P/60, CF%, GF%, Less offensive zone starts, and better xGF% than Skjei and when Brodie was Skjei's age he was on one of the best top-pairings in the league so not sure how you can argue that.

But... but.. Stuff. Amirite?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Agreed. Maybe NYR would only be looking for picks and prospects but Brodie could easily return a 1st+ good prospect or a top-6 winger which is similar to Kreider's value.

The Rangers aren't looking for 28 year old players with 2 years left on their contracts. They also aren't in need of left-handed defensemen. It's really not that complicated. Brodie might have a lot of value to the Flames, but he has considerably less value to the Rangers. So no, their value is not equal. The teams in question value each player differently.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Ok the Bennett hate is kind of crazy I didn’t realize how quickly other fan bases like to jump on 22 year olds with a great two-way game. If I switched Bennett with Fox, who really aren’t that far apart in value, would Rangers fans be more interested?

It essentially breaks down to Brodie for Kredier and Fox for Zucc.

Funny that people say Brodie is a #4 d and Kreider is a top line winger when Brodie spent 2 seasons on a successful top-pair and is in his prime whereas Kredier topped 50 points once in his whole career.

And good luck getting a better prospect than fox or even player like Bennett for Zucc. It’s as good if not better a return than a late 1st+ meh prospect that you could get otherwise.
Still no even if you switch Bennett with Fox
If Brodie is so good and a top pair dman why do you want to swap him with Kreider? I don’t do that trade straight up

Matt Rbr

Jan 2, 2018
If Brodie is so good and a top pair dman why do you want to swap him with Kreider? I don’t do that trade straight up

Brodie is borderline top pair similar to how Kreider is borderline top-line. It's funny when people argue Brodie is a 'scrap' or that they wouldn't do Kreider alone for this because it's clear you don't watch Brodie and realize he'd be on your top-pair without question.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Because our defense can survive without him and we need a top 6 forward.

Kreider seems like an odd target though. Left handed shot with health issues.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Because our defense can survive without him and we need a top 6 forward.

Kreider seems like an odd target though. Left handed shot with health issues.

If you are looking for a top 6 forward, Zucc is the player on our roster that we should be talking about. If you don’t have interest then the Rangers aren’t the team you should be talking to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->