Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Nikita Nesterov signs with the Flames (1 year, $700K)

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Maybe he’s doing good for Ilves so far in Finland.
2g-6a-8pts in 7 games played in Liiga.

Glad to see him recover from that bad ACL injury last season.

2g-8a-10pts in 8 games now

He’s a lock to be in the lineup if he stays healthy, he’ll be pushing for a top 4 role by the end of the season.

Reactions: RG3hockey

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A good #2 is a top pairing defender haha.
As long as the other guy is Norris
Fortbort was a top pairing for the Kings lol

Not saying Brodie is not good. He is but he is not the bus driver on the first pair.
He was good with Gio, horrific with Hamonic and meh with everybody else.
Good on defense but not a shutdown dman, Good on offense but not a PP guy.

Brodie is probably one of the very few players that are both overrated and underrated at the same time.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Brodie is probably one of the very few players that are both overrated and underrated at the same time.
That's because despite being able to skate well he gets walked on the wing all the time, and commits so many flabbergasting gaffes that no one is sure what he really is.

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Brodie is inconsistent. Combining the past 3 years, he has played like a No.2 about 25% of the time, No.3 about 35% of the time, No. 4 about 30% of the time and a No.5 about 10% of the time.

Reactions: DFF

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Brings some offense, and grit for his size, but from what I remember him on the Habs, his defensive game is very bad. Still, for 700k, can't complain too much, if it only creates competition for the youngsters.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
... Brodie top pair guy... come on here, we all know hes a really good #3 a good #2, he was a top pair guy for like 2-3 years but thats max, he didn't want to stay in Calgary cause im sure we offered him the Tanev contract.
Jankowski played himself into this.
Gustav our PPQB? He was here for like what 25 games? Lol come on now.
Reider, Talbot, Forbort.. i would not have minded back, but come on.

Reider at 700K easily, Talbot under 2M im fine with, Forbort under 800K sure, Gustav at 2M id be fine with as well

Marky is an improvement on Talbot
Nordstrom and Simon vs Janks and Reider is pretty even if you ask me
Tanev and Nest aren't as good as Brodie, Gustav and Forbort but they'll do at the respective caps
Omg lol you know a pair is 2 right? If he’s a good number 2 he’s a good top pairing dman hahahaha. If English is not your first language I apologize but that’s bad.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Calgary's off season has been great so far. Soft players out, tougher players in. Our goaltending has improved (at a price), our defence has improved. Our 4th line has improved. With expected continue growth of players like Mangiapane and Dube, Bennett, and Tkachuk and Lindholm, Valimaki and Andersson, and vets Monahan and Gaudreau hitting their prime, there is reason for lots of optimism.
Funny how this could be said about Montreal too. :)

Montreal's off season has been great so far. Soft players out, tougher players in. Our goaltending has improved (at a price), our defence has improved. Our 4th line has improved. With expected continue growth of players like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi, Romanov, Drouin, Lekhonen and vets Gallagher and Danault Petry Armia Tatar Toffoly hitting their prime, there is reason for lots of optimism.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Decent depth signing actually, especially if he can play on the right side.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
  1. Agreed. Unless he can play on his offside. I don’t see how Nesterov makes the flames. Unless it’s as a 7D and the flames are working to move Kylington which is very possible
Get ready for it...my GUESS ( hope) is Tre is working out finalizing a "deal" with Chevy in Winnipeg, whereby: Kylington, Monahan, Hanifin, 'p' Jacob Pelletier plus a 2021 4th round pick go to Winnipeg, and: Laine, Lowry, Morrissey and 'p' Sami Niku come to Calgary.
Not enough Flames way, or other way? Just a guess/hope, no insider take or quotes here!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think his name bar is going to look really good on the (retro)new Whites.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Seems like a very good deal. Similar to my Devils and Kulikov .
I kinda wish the Devils went Nesterov instead ?
I haven’t watched enough of them both to know for sure who the better fit would have been though .
Anyone have any insight as to who is the better D man defensively ? Who is more physical / hits ? Both can handle PK1 ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad