Proposal: CGY-MTL

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Johnny is the best player here but im not sure losing the 2 way ability of Danault/Gallagher makes Montreal better.

I think Montreal wins this trade based on value though.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I doubt Bergevin has any appetite to trade Gallagher and Gaudreau rumored to want to go to Philly after next year isn’t helping closing the deal. I pass.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I honestly think the Habs make out like bandits here. Danault has like 1 goal in his last 30 games. Gallagher has been living off of reputation IMO for a bit as well and isn't the player he once was. This is basically a 3rd line C and 2nd line winger for a first line winger + 3rd line C + pick.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Johnny Gaudreau & Sam Bennett & 2nd Rounder

for

Philip Danault & Brendan Gallagher

Fair value? Orwho adds?

Calgary wants nothing to do with this.

Danault looks like he will test the market, and wants a haul. Calgary is not taking on that Ghallagher contract.

For as much criticism as Gaudreau gets, he also drives the Flames offence. Without him it's rebuild time, not take on a bunch of large contracts time. Gaudreau is being packaged for a single good player in a shakeup or for futures.

Why is Calgary adding the pick here? People criticize Gaudreau for not showing up in the playoffs, but he had the same amount of points these last playoffs as Danault and Gallagher combined.

Reactions: Boomstick

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gally is not going anywhere as long as Bbinz is in charge.

Would I trade him? Absolutely. But it has to be to a team that is willing to pay extra for the heart and soul we would be losing....and bringing to his new team.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Johnny Gaudreau & Sam Bennett & 2nd Rounder

for

Philip Danault & Brendan Gallagher

Fair value? Orwho adds?

I'd do it from Habs pov... even with the 2nd coming from Mtl to CGY instead...

big fan of Gallagher, but not sure he lives up to the recent contract extension he signed.

Gaudreau clearly best player in the deal. Only having 1 year left is a risk for montreal, but barring major injury he becomes a valuable trade chip next summer/next season if they don't think a long-term deal is do-able.

Still high on Bennett having it in him to become a top-6 player, and at worst he's a cost-controlled solid bottom-6 player who has shown to be effective late season/playoff time.

Danault is better than most outside of Montreal realize, and would be a great fit in Calgary, but will be interesting to see how his UFA summer goes... if he is still seeking the big pay day, may price himself out of Calgary as well (hence the 2nd going to Calgary imo).

I do think both teams walk away better off in the short term, slight edge Flames this year, habs next year pending Danault's UFA decision

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I believe the deal was susposed to be danault extended , lehkonen and a 2021 first for monohan and a 2022 2nd . Someone got it mixed up .

HughesNation

Jan 20, 2021
There's no way Bergevin trades Gallagher. How can I say this without getting banned? Uhm Marc has some sort of physical and emotional attirance towards Gallagher and his work ethic.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
honest question for habs fans.

what are exactly the protection on the gallagher contract extension? cap friendly has some mixed information. for all 6 contract years M-NTC, NMC is noted and additionally the comment 'Player submits a 6 team no trade list'. is this valid for all six contract years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad