Confirmed Trade: [CGY/MTL] Hunter Shinkaruk for Kerby Rychel

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Anyways, stick a fork in Rychel.

Remember how many trade proposals he was in as part of a "package" ..... one of the tres amigos: Rychel + 2nd + whatever other lesser asset. It probably resulted in near endless hours of silly arguing and defending the players involved. Good times. LOL.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Weren't habs fans really high on Rychel? I thought he played a bunch of games last year and looked good.

Either way what a meh trade. Plekanics did nothing and the two big pieces Montreal got are both already gone from the org

Plekanec was great for the leafs, and the piece we got for Plekanec was a 2nd (Olofsson) who is still with us and looking good.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Weren't habs fans really high on Rychel? I thought he played a bunch of games last year and looked good.

Either way what a meh trade. Plekanics did nothing and the two big pieces Montreal got are both already gone from the org.

I honestly don't think Toronto makes it to 7 without Plekanec stepping up in Kadri's absence, but he was a bum until then I'll give you that.

I thought Rychel would fight for a 4th line spot this year but Habs have roughly 9 forwards who should be the 12th or 13th guy, a couple of which are big guys like Rychel. I certainly wouldn't say anyone was very high on him + he only suited up for four games.

I'm quite high on Olofsson, it was basically set in stone Plekanec would return and Valiev will be top 4 for Laval so fairly happy with that deal from the Habs side

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Let's get some press in a DULL summer of non hockey. How about one of my scrubs for one of yours?

Reactions: dukeofjive

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Shinkaruk has always been the pouty type. Like when he was drafted by Vancouver he only wanted to be with the Canucks, but once he was cut by Canada he left the Tigers for surgery. He doesn't understand that things just don't always land on your plate. Just like Daigle.

He does have a better shot in Montreal, but I think he'll be a fixture in Europe if things don't work out for him in Montreal.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Shinkaruk has always been the pouty type. Like when he was drafted by Vancouver he only wanted to be with the Canucks, but once he was cut by Canada he left the Tigers for surgery. He doesn't understand that things just don't always land on your plate. Just like Daigle.

He does have a better shot in Montreal, but I think he'll be a fixture in Europe if things don't work out for him in Montreal.

There is only so much pouting you can do when you finished the year as the fourth best scoring forward on your AHL team. If he was firing it up but not getting a shot, then you can pout. But even then you might end up like Bud Holloway. Shinkaruk doesn't even have that much going for him.

He better find a second gear or there's nothing for him in North America.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
39893-title-Ultra-Bust-A-Move.png

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Are 2013 draft prospects more infamous because of the lockout? Came here to make a joke about the draft class only to see 5+ people make the same joke

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Thats your comeback? Lol

Well you made a dumbass comment to begin with. Shinkaruk was a late 1st in a draft year where the majority of guys in that range are busts. But without the benefit of hindsight it was considered a great pick as he was one of those prospects who as the draft moves along everyone wants their team to pick - just using a quick search by the CSS he was the 6th ranked North American skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->