Proposal: CGY-MIN-SJ

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So basically you are ignorant to the facts I gave you because you disagreed with an opinion of mine that is completely unrelated? Yeah that makes sense
So basically I am telling you your stats have already been wrong about something sharks related and VERY wrong so why would I trust anything else that’s sharks related from you?

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Man I don’t trust any of your posts/score sheets about the Sharks after you said Timo is better than Hertl.

The two don't have any relation to each other, and he's right, I remember the Sharks' top line during the 18-19 Vegas series was Meier-Couture-Pavelski. I even checked the video of the five minute power play, and the Sharks had Couture-Pavelski-Meier-Vlasic-Burns on the ice.

Couture rarely played with Pavelski prior to 2018-19 (typically around 50 minutes 5v5), but they played nearly 390 minutes together that year. Couture and Meier played nearly 800 minutes together, Couture and Hertl about 375.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The two don't have any relation to each other, and he's right, I remember the Sharks' top line during the 18-19 Vegas series was Meier-Couture-Pavelski. I even checked the video of the five minute power play, and the Sharks had Couture-Pavelski-Meier-Vlasic-Burns on the ice.

Couture rarely played with Pavelski prior to 2018-19 (typically around 50 minutes 5v5), but they played nearly 390 minutes together that year. Couture and Meier played nearly 800 minutes together, Couture and Hertl about 375.
Okay wonderful maybe I’m wrong about that but my point still stands that Gaudreau and Lindholm are better than every single player Couture has played with except Hertl.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Isn’t Monahan a complete dud in the playoffs? If Flames fans care about winning playoff games at all, they should be lining up out the door to get Couture. I’ve had my quibbles with Couture’s regular season efforts, but there is absolutely no denying that he is THE premier playoff performer in the whole NHL. There is not a single player who raises their game from the regular season to the playoffs more than Couture.

Ledge And Dairy

So basically I am telling you your stats have already been wrong about something sharks related and VERY wrong so why would I trust anything else that’s sharks related from you?
You make no sense, IDC about which of Hertl or Meier is better, they are both good players. However none of my stats are wrong. Here's some more proof that Pavelski and Couture were common linemates on another legitimate site.
eeHJliG.png

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You make no sense, IDC about which of Hertl or Meier is better, they are both good players. However none of my stats are wrong. Here's some more proof that Pavelski and Couture were common linemates on another legitimate site.
eeHJliG.png
Okay whatever about Couture and Pavelski. I still don’t agree but it doesn’t matter. Gaudreau/Lindholm are both players whose skill set fits Coutures game better than anyone except maybe Hertl that he’s played with. You know how well Lindholm blew up when paired with Gaudreau/Monahan? Couture would do that too. He’s also a PPG this season.

Ledge And Dairy

Isn’t Monahan a complete dud in the playoffs? If Flames fans care about winning playoff games at all, they should be lining up out the door to get Couture. I’ve had my quibbles with Couture’s regular season efforts, but there is absolutely no denying that he is THE premier playoff performer in the whole NHL. There is not a single player who raises their game from the regular season to the playoffs more than Couture.
He literally lead the Flames in points last post-season, 21 points in 30 games is not exactly "dud"

Ledge And Dairy

Okay whatever about Couture and Pavelski. I still don’t agree but it doesn’t matter. Gaudreau/Lindholm are both players whose skill set fits Coutures game better than anyone except maybe Hertl that he’s played with. You know how well Lindholm blew up when paired with Gaudreau/Monahan? Couture would do that too. He’s also a PPG this season.
I'm not questioning Couture is a bad player, he's a little better than Monahan. His contract is awful though and Flames would never pay Monahan and a 1st for it

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It won't be in a few years

It'll be fine in a few years too. Couture likely will get moved to wing where all that matters is producing goals when being a center is diminishing that part of his game. There's no reason to suggest it wouldn't be fine. You're just guessing.

Ledge And Dairy

It'll be fine in a few years too. Couture likely will get moved to wing where all that matters is producing goals when being a center is diminishing that part of his game. There's no reason to suggest it wouldn't be fine. You're just guessing.
He's 32 in a month, and signed at 8M until 38, father time will catch him soon. That's not just a "guess" it's a safe bet.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Really? name 5 player that were worth 8 million at age 38

Why are you moving the goal posts? I didn't say he'd be worth 8 mil. I said plenty have been productive. These sorts of contracts aren't signed with the intent of a player being worth his cap hit at the end of it. They're designed to get the best years left at a reasonable rate and eat whatever overpayment is there at the end.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Joe Thornton, Zdeno Chara, Nick Lidstrom, Sedins

Crosby, Ovechkin, Kopitar all will be for sure

This is all off the top of my head. I’m sure if I looked more, I could find more.

None of the players you mentioned were worth 8M when they were 38. Maybe Lidstrom, but that's it. And none of the players you predict "will be for sure" will be for sure.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Ledge And Dairy

Why are you moving the goal posts? I didn't say he'd be worth 8 mil. I said plenty have been productive. These sorts of contracts aren't signed with the intent of a player being worth his cap hit at the end of it. They're designed to get the best years left at a reasonable rate and eat whatever overpayment is there at the end.
I'm not moving the goal posts, him making 8 million until age 38 was the exact point if the discussion. He's 32 this year, I would guess by 34 he falls off to a point where he is at least 3M overpaid and will continue to regress from there. Not worth moving Monahan and a 1st for

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I'm not questioning Couture is a bad player, he's a little better than Monahan. His contract is awful though and Flames would never pay Monahan and a 1st for it

His contract isnt "awful", that is hyperbole.

His contract is perfectly fine right now, and might be awful by the end of it depending on how Cooch ages and where the cap is by then. Awful is a contract like Karlsson's where he is not living up to it right now, let alone 5-8 years from now if he drops off. If CGY is trying to win right now, Cooch's contract is meaningless. He gives you a better chance to win right now, and for at least a couple years before he possibly drops off.

As for the second point, I agree that there would not need to be a 1st added to Monahan to get Cooch. As someone who wants SJ to rebuild, getting Monahan for Cooch is a straight win for moving in that direction and as such I would ask for more, but be perfectly content doing that trade 1 for 1 if I cant bamboozle the other GM into giving up additional assets.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not moving the goal posts, him making 8 million until age 38 was the exact point if the discussion. He's 32 this year, I would guess by 34 he falls off to a point where he is at least 3M overpaid and will continue to regress from there. Not worth moving Monahan and a 1st for

No it actually wasn't. You tried pivoting to that when you couldn't really back up your assertion. 8 mil now is not 8 mil in six years. How teams value a player is also quite subjective but it's ultimately meaningless. You were pretending like we wouldn't get assets and should be thrilled to get them when it's a duh position to think the Sharks would get assets for Couture. It's also a duh position to think they'd take a contract back in such a trade. I think you believe the Sharks are more desperate for future assets than they really are. Sharks are plenty capable of rebuilding while maintaining the contracts they have.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yes according to you the Sharks would/ought jump to do it one for one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad