Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Linden Vey (1 year/2-way)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Yeah Treliving was talking about signing some vets for the AHL team, and Vey can fill in as an injury replacement at times in the NHL.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
This can be a good singing for calgary. Good guy on the PP for the farm team, and can fill in if you need an injury call up who has the chops to fill in on PP2

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Was decent during his time with the Canucks. Willie Desjardins thought highly of him
As a depth signing I think this is a good move by the Flames. Don't think highly of Gulutzan as a coach much less a HC he does have experience with Vey

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Can you provide more details about why he is such a cancer then?

Nothing wrong with Vey specifically, he's fine in the role as an NHL/AHL tweener... it's just that most Canuck fans will agree that we've never seen a player treated like a coaches son as we did in the two years of Willie/Vey.

Willie coached Vey in Medicine Hat and he's the one that wanted Benning to acquire him. Comes onto the Canucks, and is immediately playing 1st unit PP with the Sedins. Wasn't just a quick look, he spent a good bit of time there even though he wasn't very good at it. Season 2, he plays poorly in camp and gets waived to the minors, where he continues to play poorly (26-3-12-15). Injuries get him called back up to the Canucks, and he's immediately back on the 1st unit PP and getting 2nd line ice time.

The whole situation with Vey was just laughably bad :laugh:

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I hope it works out for him, what a horrendous few years this kid's been through. I've followed him somewhat and I see him as depth, I've never had the impression he's going to light it up.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Are the Flames and Canucks trying to switch rosters around or something? The Flames have added former Canucks: Vey and Shinkaruk while the Canucks have added Bartschi, Granlund and who knows, maybe they'll want Ortio and Jooris next.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Can you provide more details about why he is such a cancer then?

Vey didn't perform well given ample chances, and was a go to favorite for Willie, which pissed off Vancouver fans. No one ever maligned his character in the manner you're alluding to.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Vey didn't perform well given ample chances, and was a go to favorite for Willie, which pissed off Vancouver fans. No one ever maligned his character in the manner you're alluding to.

So....signing him to a two way contract is a good deal then?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
So....signing him to a two way contract is a good deal then?

As others have said, it's not a bad signing given it's a two way. By all accounts, Vey is a great person and given how thing have panned out in the NHL, he'll probably do his best to earn his way back up.

Good to have guys like that on your farm team.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Played his best hockey in Alberta in juniors... Maybe him and Shinkaruk can get revenge against the Canucks ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad