Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Linden Vey (1 year/2-way)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Good for him hope he accels and burns Benning for kicking him to the curb following the painful few years he had personally. Poor guy i will be rooting for him

moon*

Makes sense as the team needs some depth on the RW and needs some vets in the AHL.

Seems like a good fit to be a vet in the AHL and step in if needed in the NHL due to injuries. With the loss of guys like Grant, Shore, Arnold he seems to be a good choice to be the C/RW fill-in if injuries occur.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Liked him when he is was in the king's organization. Was hoping LA would bring him back but instead they re-signed lewis (for a lot more).

Hope he fits in good in Calgary

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Good for him hope he accels and burns Benning for kicking him to the curb following the painful few years he had personally. Poor guy i will be rooting for him

The guy was utter trash for us. Personal issues aside, he didn't play well enough to earn a contract.

And you're going to blame Benning for that? [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The Flames always seem to get the most mileage out of these WHL kids, so I'm curious to see how he performs- especially now that his family situation is a little more clear if not wholly better. Best of luck to him this year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Easy kid to root for. Very nice in person. I hope he can crack the NHL, but he always just seemed like the classic tweener, just with very good ice vision. Not particularly big, fast, gritty enough to be a regular 3rd liner, but not good enough to be a top-sixer. Good depth signing though and I hope he keeps kicking, especially with a fresh start in many ways!

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He will be a great point producer in the AHL, and a half-decent fill-in for injuries with the big club.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
On a 2 way, this is totally fine. He'll shore up the farm team and still has a reasonable chance at becoming a solid depth player in the NHL.

Don't understand why so many are so quick to condemn this guy for having a POS father. You don't get to pick your parents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad