Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Elias Lindholm (6 years, $4.85m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really hope that you realize your so called facts are no more facts than the other opinions people are posting here, right? For the most part these are opinions.
A correct opinion, is a fact. Nothing I stated was inaccurate

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What like saying that he was one of our top prospects and it was laughable that he wasn’t ranked top ten. Which basically everyone outside of OKG mocked me for?

Ferland is a good player. 5 on 5 he was an absolute monster last year. 20 even strength goals is rare in this league and he did it before the all star break.

But sure, smear the guy that has become a very good player. Classy
Smear him? Jesus Christ dude, if that's smearing him, then what you're doing is akin to giving him sexual favors

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
that fact you put me anywhere near a category with okg means you should learn to read. IImight be an *******, but unlike him my opinions change and I admit when in wrong. But you and snipe refuse to acknowledge things like that because it means your opinion of me is wrong
I'm not disagreeing, but if my following of your username change is accurate, then when you first got on the boards you were kind of known for making whacky trade proposals (to which i am also beholden and very guilty) and consistently applying strange valuations to players. I understand your views can change, but this is why they lump you in with OKG.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not disagreeing, but if my following of your username change is accurate, then when you first got on the boards you were kind of known for making whacky trade proposals (to which i am also beholden and very guilty) and consistently applying strange valuations to players. I understand your views can change, but this is why they lump you in with OKG.
I have never said anything as ridiculous as OKG, never. I might value certain things differently, but I'm nothing like him. I also only do stupid armchair GM shit on the Flames board when I am bored when I am at work at night, very rarely is it serious and much is to stimulate conversation. OKG makes crazy outlandish statements on the main boards that are so terrible we are constantly mocked by other fanbases.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I have never said anything as ridiculous as OKG, never. I might value certain things differently, but I'm nothing like him. I also only do stupid armchair GM **** on the Flames board when I am bored when I am at work at night, very rarely is it serious and much is to stimulate conversation. OKG makes crazy outlandish statements on the main boards that are so terrible we are constantly mocked by other fanbases.

You guys can just message one another rather than airing dirty laundry...

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I have never said anything as ridiculous as OKG, never. I might value certain things differently, but I'm nothing like him. I also only do stupid armchair GM **** on the Flames board when I am bored when I am at work at night, very rarely is it serious and much is to stimulate conversation. OKG makes crazy outlandish statements on the main boards that are so terrible we are constantly mocked by other fanbases.
You're taking things too personally. The positive and negative thing about a message board is that posters often forget that there are actual people on the other end of the keyboard. It's easier to navigate and cut through the discussion if you just treat your own account like a sort of character that is detached from yourself. IMO this is exactly how OKG keeps on keeping on, and it is how I do the same. :) it's ok, who gives a **** what some JAs on HF think about your player opinions.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Y
I am one of Ferland's biggest fans, but come on.

Bennett has actually outproduced Ferland to this point in their respective careers despite being four years younger, and not having played an entire season on the top line.. but it's Bennett who's a bust?

Bennett is the more talented player and would have easily matched the 41 points that Ferland had on the top line. Hell he put up 36 as a rookie next to Backlund and Frolik.

Ferland is what he is. He is a hard hitting, inconsistent offensive producer, that can rotate through all four lines and find the ability to contirbute in a limited capacity. He is a valuable but expendable piece at the end of the day.

Ideally he is a third line winger that can chip in 10-15 goals and 25-30 points while providing physicality and energy (essentially what he provided in 2016-2017). He is a very useful player that can help a team in multiple ways. That versatility is always attractive.
Bennett had his chance on the first line when Ferly got hurt and he failed. I want Bennett to succeed but how is he better than Ferly?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Y

Bennett had his chance on the first line when Ferly got hurt and he failed. I want Bennett to succeed but how is he better than Ferly?

He's not yet but he will be.
Btw I'm the daver of Sam Bennett.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
What like saying that he was one of our top prospects and it was laughable that he wasn’t ranked top ten. Which basically everyone outside of OKG mocked me for?

Ferland is a good player. 5 on 5 he was an absolute monster last year. 20 even strength goals is rare in this league and he did it before the all star break.

But sure, smear the guy that has become a very good player. Classy

How the hell is that smearing Ferland? Seriously, I need an answer on this.

You made some pretty out there claims about Ferland being a 30-30 level guy, or an elite powerforward going into last season.

Ferland is a solid middle six player. A complimentary player that can click well with certain lines and produce more. But I don't see anything I said as a smear, so get your facts straight.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Y

To be fair, he got his chance when Monahan was playing through four injuries that required surgery. And got like two games and then Gulutzan put Stewart there instead.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Y

13% of Bennett's EV/TOI came with Johhny/Monahan in comparison to Ferland's 88.6%.

That's not much of an opportunity if you ask me.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I wonder why Ferly was ahead of Bennett? Maybe cause he's the better player. Bennett has not shown much imo.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
My problem reading this thread is that it looks like a smear campaign.

Yeah Ferland sucked the last 1/3 of the season. But so did everyone else.

This is a person who was troubled and should be congratulated. Not many hockey players have the adversity this guy had growing up.

I work with a lot of First Nations children and this guy is a hero. And he gets no respect from Flames fans and it pisses me off. At worst he’s a good bottom 6 guy. But when he’s on his game he’s an absolute beast.

I'm actually a pretty big Ferly fan. Also have had the occasion of playing against him a few times. Nice guy overall. For whatever reason as you stated how you look at this thread, I don't feel its a smear campaign against him. We know his flaws and pros and some people tend valuate each of them differently.

I mean we never really saw that playoff beast Ferland showed us in the playoff series...on a regular basis really. I think criticisms of his play don't mean we don't respect him. Its not unlike self evaluation of oneself. Just because a person is critical doesn't mean a lack of respect, it could very well mean just understanding of critical features of a player at the same time not allowing emotion to interfere with the decision. As you have stated since you see this as a smear campaign its very likely you are already letting emotion cloud your evaluation of the criticisms. Also this is affected possibly by your interaction with First Nations groups you work with. Based on these statements alone, it would be plausible to suggest that you are no longer being impartial in your valuation of Ferland anyways.

Something to consider.

Reactions: Deebious

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I'm actually a pretty big Ferly fan. Also have had the occasion of playing against him a few times. Nice guy overall. For whatever reason as you stated how you look at this thread, I don't feel its a smear campaign against him. We know his flaws and pros and some people tend valuate each of them differently.

I mean we never really saw that playoff beast Ferland showed us in the playoff series...on a regular basis really. I think criticisms of his play don't mean we don't respect him. Its not unlike self evaluation of oneself. Just because a person is critical doesn't mean a lack of respect, it could very well mean just understanding of critical features of a player at the same time not allowing emotion to interfere with the decision. As you have stated since you see this as a smear campaign its very likely you are already letting emotion cloud your evaluation of the criticisms. Also this is affected possibly by your interaction with First Nations groups you work with. Based on these statements alone, it would be plausible to suggest that you are no longer being impartial in your valuation of Ferland anyways.

Something to consider.

Very few guys have better character than Ferland. I wish him nothing but the best too. He just isn't a 1st line player.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I watched the whole season, but okay. He's capable of putting up 30.

He is, assuming he's put with quality players. But then it's not like 30 is all that hard when given the opportunity - assuming the player isn't completely inept. The question is whether it's something he can do consistently or whether he's a 25pt guy who occasionally hit's 30+. If he's the former he will get paid quite well. If he's seen as the latter, he'll get paid as that 3/4 tweener.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He is, assuming he's put with quality players. But then it's not like 30 is all that hard when given the opportunity - assuming the player isn't completely inept. The question is whether it's something he can do consistently or whether he's a 25pt guy who occasionally hit's 30+. If he's the former he will get paid quite well. If he's seen as the latter, he'll get paid as that 3/4 tweener.

He is billed like a Wayne Simmonds, except he doesn't play like that.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
He is billed like a Wayne Simmonds, except he doesn't play like that.

Pretty sure that most reasonable posters do not see him as that type of player (unless one is talking about a Simmonds-lite type of player), and few have any sort of real expectations of him being that player.

But then I remember when Clendenning was traded to Pittsburgh and a poster claiming to be his father (I doubt it) came on the Pens board and said he will be the next Letang - just watch and see. So there's always some who are way out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad