Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Andrew Mangiapane to extension (2 years, $2.425M AAV)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
No he isn't. He's a below average skater bordering on bad. He's a bit like Tkachuk where his hockey IQ is so high that he compensates for it. I don't know if people are confusing his with Dube or something. Dube is an elite skater.

Uh no

If I had to rank our top 9 in terms of skating it would probably go

Tier I - Burners
1) Dube

Tier II - Above Average
2) Gaudreau
3) Bennett
4) Backlund
5) Mangiapane

Tier II - Average
6) Ryan
7) Lindholm

Tier IV - Below Average
8) Tkachuk
9) Monahan

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
No he isn't. He's a below average skater bordering on bad. He's a bit like Tkachuk where his hockey IQ is so high that he compensates for it. I don't know if people are confusing his with Dube or something. Dube is an elite skater.

As you can tell, nobody else really agrees with you on this. I wouldn’t say that Mangiapane is anything special as a skater, but he’s definitely not slow. He has a great motor and he’s always the first player in on the forecheck. Tkachuk is quite possibly the slowest top-6 player in the league.

Dube is probably the fastest forward on the Flames now that Rieder is gone, but honestly that’s not saying much. I wouldn’t call Dube an elite skater but he does have some good speed. His hands just need to catch up to his feet.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Uh no

If I had to rank our top 9 in terms of skating it would probably go

Tier I - Burners
1) Dube

Tier II - Above Average
2) Gaudreau
3) Bennett
4) Backlund
5) Mangiapane

Tier II - Average
6) Ryan
7) Lindholm

Tier IV - Below Average
8) Tkachuk
9) Monahan
He was faster than Tkachuk, Monahan and Neal last year (2018-19). Ryan was the 2nd fastest guy on the roster last year (2018-19). This is based on a lap around the ice at superskills. It's factual, not opinion. That said, speed isn't everything. Quickness matters as does anticipation. Tkachuk for example skates like a beer leaguer, but he's always in the right spot.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
As you can tell, nobody else really agrees with you on this. I wouldn’t say that Mangiapane is anything special as a skater, but he’s definitely not slow. He has a great motor and he’s always the first player in on the forecheck. Tkachuk is quite possibly the slowest top-6 player in the league.

Dube is probably the fastest forward on the Flames now that Rieder is gone, but honestly that’s not saying much. I wouldn’t call Dube an elite skater but he does have some good speed. His hands just need to catch up to his feet.
What people agree with doesn't change facts. I like Mangiapane, but speed is not his best asset. Like you said, Tkachuk is a horrendous skater, but he always seems to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad