Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Flames sign Andrew Mangiapane to extension (2 years, $2.425M AAV)

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
The term isn’t great, but at that cap hit who gives a shit.

I think it's a good risk management term for both sides. Mangiapane is super tough to gauge right now. He looks like he could grow into a first line player but that's based on a pretty small sample size of success.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think it's a good risk management term for both sides. Mangiapane is super tough to gauge right now. He looks like he could grow into a first line player but that's based on a pretty small sample size of success.

I think a lot of fans are overhyping him right now and settung themselves up for disappointment. He has the potential to be first line, but thank God we didn't sign him long term ahead of time like some teams.

I expect him to be a good 0.5-0.6 ppg scorer who uses his legs to create intense forecheck pressure. Great player to have, and probably a more reasonable hope.

Reactions: DirtDiver

Ledge And Dairy

What's important is he is still an RFA at the end of the 2 year term. When you file for Arbitration the team gets the right to choose the term of the contract

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I believe Mangiapane should have gotten above 3mil for he had a good season in Calgary’s top 6 playing his off wing with less then 14 minutes ATOI and what makes it even more impressive is the possession stats with 53.9% of his starts in the defensive zone at only 24 yrs old.

Calgary gets Mangiapane on a good bridge deal.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Not bad for an overaged 6th rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad