Confirmed Trade: [CGY/EDM] James Neal for Milan Lucic (12.5% retained) and a 2020 conditional 3rd round pick Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Im happy with this from calgarys perspective saves us 500k on what we were paying neal and get a player that better fits a 4th liner role and a pick for the risk of neal turning it around. Neal @ 4x5.75 vs Lucic @ 4x5.25 and a 3rd.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I can't believe they got rid of him without giving up a sweetner. My god.
Love it. Even the $ retention is lower than I thought it would be. What makes it even better is that we know Neal played for Tippett before and did pretty good. Also, I believe Neal & McDavid is working together...not sure if this is accurate though.

For Calgary, If Lucic can play for Peters and get some of his game back, he can help Calgary. But right now, I don't like this trade for Calgary and not sure what the heck Treliving was thinking.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
If the Flames got a 2nd, it's worth it.

as it stands: Lucic is done imo, I've seen players BETTER than him be done and they are still better than he is, however if Calgary got a 2nd too then it's worth it... just stick him in the injury reserve and be done with it.

as for the Oilers, congrats.. Lucics contract was AWFUL, Neal might work well alongside McGod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad