CGY-COL trade idea suggested by FAN 960

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
They value O'Rielly higher than that and we can't really afford to lose Brodie and which would probably be a high pick. It won't work for either side.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
O'Reilly was a 60 pointer last full season and he's very young. I think he's pretty close to untouchable but Burke loves his big guys. And we have many Dmen and many OFD's

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's just bloody awful, seriously. I wouldn't do Brodie for ROR 1 for 1, honestly. Brodie fills a way bigger need on our team. We have Monahan, Backlund and Janko in the pipe. While Janko may not be as good as ROR, Monahan will likely be better and Backlund is developing very nicely this season. I would do Backlund and Wideman for ROR, and I'd be just fine if that didn't get a deal done.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Forget about the value we simply can't afford to move Brodie without already having another young defenseman to replace him (or have one coming back). We aren't in a position to make this type of trade.

fallsviewafro*

There's bad juju surrounding ROR after the Feaster debacle. Do not want.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Defensemen are harder to find than centremen. Athough, for the Flames it seems to be the reverse.

Feb 23, 2014
No chance.

I think Brodie along with Monahan are the only two players on the Flames roster that are virtually untouchable.

If the right deal came along for others like Gio, Backlund, Russell etc. I could see a deal happening but I can't really see either of those two being moved under any circumstance.

Our best young dman and best young center are here long-term..

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
No chance.

I think Brodie along with Monahan are the only two players on the Flames roster that are virtually untouchable.

If the right deal came along for others like Gio, Backlund, Russell etc. I could see a deal happening but I can't really see either of those two being moved under any circumstance.

Backlund is our best young centre. Monahan has more potential, but Backlund is our best C by far.

May 27, 2012
Earth
No chance.

Burke just said last night the only two players close to untouchable are Gio and Monahan. So Brodie is in play given the right offer.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Burke just said last night the only two players close to untouchable are Gio and Monahan. So Brodie is in play given the right offer.

He didn't mention Brodie's name, but the said the list of untouchables is very short. You have to think it would be an extremely enticing deal or something he just couldn't say no to in order to move Brodie. Brodie is basically untouchable IMO.

May 27, 2012
Earth
He didn't mention Brodie's name, but the said the list of untouchables is very short. You have to think it would be an extremely enticing deal or something he just couldn't say no to in order to move Brodie. Brodie is basically untouchable IMO.

I didn't say he wasn't. I just referring to what Burke said. Really anybody is movable for the right price.

Aug 3, 2010
I'm not comfortable moving defense for forward depth especially when it's much harder to develop one than the other. In addition to that, I am very much wanting to keep homegrown talent as it's a positive reinforcement for other young players in the system that they could make it in to the NHL on the Flames roster like Giordano or Backlund or Brodie, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad