Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Brett Ritchie signs with the Flames (1 year, $700K, 2-way)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
15AD74CA-0435-4B26-830F-062452DD5228.gif
If we got to play against Columbus I'd love to start those four just to get Torts to lose it

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't get it. Is Stockton short on players? I honestly can't see him taking someone's spot on the taxi squad.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nice. Byron Ritchie makes his return to the flames. Can't go wrong with 4th line energy guys

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
The name of the game this season is having as many bodies on league minimum contracts with NHL experience that can step into lineups if there's injuries/positive tests. Especially if you get hit with several at a time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Doesn't have the skating or the shot but a scoring option and not a great option as fourth liner either. Doesn't defend people and takes horribly stupid penalties. Didn't think he'd get another contract after his last two seasons . Certainly his play with the Stars and Bruins didn't earn him another deal .

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Doesn't have the skating or the shot but a scoring option and not a great option as fourth liner either. Doesn't defend people and takes horribly stupid penalties. Didn't think he'd get another contract after his last two seasons . Certainly his play with the Stars and Bruins didn't earn him another deal .

I remember a post game scrum where Nordstrom was being dragged in, and instead of defending him, Ritchie skates a wide angle "looking" for someone to pair up with. It was in that moment, along with several others, that Ritchie's career should have ended.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I remember a post game scrum where Nordstrom was being dragged in, and instead of defending him, Ritchie skates a wide angle "looking" for someone to pair up with. It was in that moment, along with several others, that Ritchie's career should have ended.

Not an unsual thing for former supposedly offensive minded prospects that don't work out to also not be good at an enforcer role if thats what they have to do to stay in the league. He was touted as an offensive player with some ruggedness when Stars fans still had hope for him . Once it turned out he can't skate or get his shot off at NHL level speed he tried the enforcer role. It just turned into him taking even more stupid penalties but not actually having any positive impact. In a slower league where players have more time in Europe or something Ritchie can still be a good scorer but his NHL career should be over.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad