PTO: [CGY] Andrew MacDonald PTO with the Flames (released)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok Ive watched this like a dozen times and Im not getting it....

Go easy on me Im hungover as hell, why is this GIF-worthy?

More so just because its McDonald taking a puck and stick to the face from the same person, in the same game.

Lol at "known McDonald hater" - your burner account is showing.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
More so just because its McDonald taking a puck and stick to the face from the same person, in the same game.

Lol at "known McDonald hater" - your burner account is showing.
Yes, my near 50k posts is a result of a burner account. Your lack of rational thought is showing.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I thought it was reported that MacDonald was taking a PTO with Arizona? I guess not.

I sure don't see a fit in Calgary. But it should get him some exposure during the pre-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a contract this season. Just not for CGY, and not for more than a #6 job.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought it was reported that MacDonald was taking a PTO with Arizona? I guess not.

I sure don't see a fit in Calgary. But it should get him some exposure during the pre-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a contract this season. Just not for CGY, and not for more than a #6 job.
If MacD wins a position with the Flames it will be as a #7... Nothing more unless there are injuries.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Not according to Hakstol. This was made 2 years ago Flames fans....so there is more of this out there if someone ever wanted to add to it. Enjoy. ;)

Another in a list of Flyers who we were told were good players by the organization that couldn't or barely could find a home on another team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah this isn’t anything bad at all. He’s not good, but as a warm body on a PTO, I don’t know how much better you could get for that.

Most rational flyers fans will tell you exactly this. Hes fine as a #7, can fill in #6 for a mid-long term time if needed, and apparently a great locker room guy - he got voted by his teammates to wear the A. But he is, as has been stated multiple times, horrendous on 2 on 1s. Like.. youd almost rather have a 2 on 0 bad.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Most rational flyers fans will tell you exactly this. Hes fine as a #7, can fill in #6 for a mid-long term time if needed, and apparently a great locker room guy - he got voted by his teammates to wear the A. But he is, as has been stated multiple times, horrendous on 2 on 1s. Like.. youd almost rather have a 2 on 0 bad.

Yeah, Vlad Namestnikov gets the same hate across HFB. I give a reasonable and unbiased assessment of him and people freak out over it.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Such witty and intelligent commentary.

Next time just own up to the fact you didn't even look at the guys post count before saying it's a burner lol.

Post count isnt readily viewable on mobile and I dont care enough to check the users post count. It's a bit odd that I'm a "known Macdonald hater" by two people in this thread, despite having defended him in the past as a capable, albeit (in his time with the flyers) overpaid 7, 6 in a pinch.

Sorry you weren't able to keep up with the context of the conversation.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reminder, Hakstol played him over 18 minutes a game last year when dressed. More than Gudas. More than Sanheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->