PTO: [CGY] Andrew MacDonald PTO with the Flames (released)

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
As a #7 D, there are far worse options. He’s a vet and battle tested. My biggest thing for him would be his skating and keeping up with the pace of play. This is only a PTO so anyone complaining about this is simply just being overly dramatic. If he’s not good enough, he won’t get a contract.

He skates fine. That isn't his issue. Below are his issues:

He gives away the blue line on entry every time and often backs right in to the goalie.

On the PK, he ignores the player he is covering and tries to play 2nd goalie....often deflecting the puck into the net himself.

The slide...oh the slide. Every 2-1 against him, he will go down on his belly taking himself aout of the play.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
You would thinks a guy who trains with Sid ad MacKinnon, would learn to be better defensively.

I mean I'd more expect someone who trains with Sid and MacKinnon to learn that there's no hope of stopping anyone

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As much as I disliked him on the Flyers, he's probably not the worst option for a 6/7 if you're only paying him 1-1.5M.

He was apparently very well liked within the lockeroom in Philly.
He's a PTO, he probably won't get more than the league minimum, if he even gets signed

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He's a PTO, he probably won't get more than the league minimum, if he even gets signed
Flyers are paying him his buyout for the next 2 years, so he's not going to starve.
AMac is not the worst Dman in the league if you play him 12 minutes and not against top lines.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flyers are paying him his buyout for the next 2 years, so he's not going to starve.
AMac is not the worst Dman in the league if you play him 12 minutes and not against top lines.
And Peters does shelter his defensemen when needed.

Reactions: Larry44

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He trains in Ontario and has for a couple of years now, one of his training partners is Sam Bennett...go figure!

He is also on the ice down here in Nova Scotia. They always show Sid, MacK, and Marchand on the ice at local rinks....and in the background, is AMac playing defense. Sid, MacK, AMac also golf together....and have gone to fish and chips spots afterwards.

Local media always makes a big deal of it.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
He's a decent 3rd pairing dman. I think he's actually very solid defensively and is a pk asset.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
He is also on the ice down here in Nova Scotia. They always show Sid, MacK, and Marchand on the ice at local rinks....and in the background, is AMac playing defense. Sid, MacK, AMac also golf together....and have gone to fish and chips spots afterwards.

Local media always makes a big deal of it.
Let me guess, Inverness? the new celeb golf hotspot of north america!

I ran into Andrew a couple years ago having breakfast at the evangeline restaurant in Cheticamp but he was with his wife Haley. Anyway, his serious training is now in Ontario, I know the group use to hang out in Cole Harbour for a couple of weeks a few years ago but I'm not sure they still do.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let me guess, Inverness? the new celeb golf hotspot of north america!

I ran into Andrew a couple years ago having breakfast at the evangeline restaurant in Cheticamp but he was with his wife Haley. Anyway, his serious training is now in Ontario, I know the group use to hang out in Cole Harbour for a couple of weeks a few years ago but I'm not sure they still do.
No, they played at Glen Arbour in Halifax RM.

As for the group, yes they still train here too. Not sure if AMac is part of that. If you google Jack Hughes trains with pros it will show a video of him along with Sid, Nate, and Brad as well as a bunch of other guys. Noah Dobson video is available too. Likely more but don't have time to look.

They do it at the BMO Center now.

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Finally we can get that long awaited MacDonald/Hamonic pairing again

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
giphy.gif

Ok Ive watched this like a dozen times and Im not getting it....

Go easy on me Im hungover as hell, why is this GIF-worthy?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok Ive watched this like a dozen times and Im not getting it....

Go easy on me Im hungover as hell, why is this GIF-worthy?
Who knows, it was posted by a known MacDonald hater. Generally people that have that much hate for a player they will look for mistakes and see things that aren't really there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad