PTO: [CGY] Andrew MacDonald PTO with the Flames (released)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
giphy.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t like him but at league minimum as an 8D I suppose we could do worse. If he sucks that bad just cut him or offer him an AHL deal lol

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
will they sign him just to buy him back out? should've just kept stone in retrospect

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
As a depth move this is more than fine. Given the strength of Calgary's defense this is what this move is. Macdonald can be a decent fill in as well for a few games.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
yes because ive seen u post about him multiple times and that gif was obviously posted to make fun of him being bad

I've posted about him being perfectly fine as a #7, or in jest - as the gif was - about his inability to play the puck correctly on a 2 on 1. That hardly means i hate him though.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Stone was making 3.5mil. If they sign Mac it’ll be for league minimum, or they’ll cut him

Not a very good comparison
wasn't comparing their salaries, pointing out this pto probably doesn't happen without buying stone out, thus the comment

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
wasn't comparing their salaries, pointing out this pto probably doesn't happen without buying stone out, thus the comment

You said they should have kept Stone in retrospect and that doesn’t make sense. They save a chunk of salary by buying him out and signing a guy like AMac for cheap instead

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
flyers fans hate for him is probably the most unreasonable hate in the league

It's a hair over-the-top, but it's not entirely unreasonable. It's not his fault for saying "yes" to a ludicrous contract, but he is an absolute fiasco on the ice...and at the price he was paid to be that, people had every right to be mad.

He's really bad. He's about as strong as spaghetti and his defensive instincts are completely sub-par. Ineffective in all scenarios. Screens his own goalies constantly. Takes horrendous angles. Actually not a bad passer or skater, which makes it even more infuriating that he horribly misuses the two tools he actually has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad