Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Foo

Phillips won't play in the NHL. Dude is too small. Funny comment coming from a fan of a team with Gaudreau, but Gaudreau is like Chara compared to Phillips.

If I was to optimistic, he has insane skill and will take a lot of development time to make it just to add weight. eliteprospects has him at 140 lbs, 5'7" and from what I have seen of him I am willing to bet he is even smaller.

I want nothing more than to eat crow when it comes to him, but I don't see him breaking in.

Reactions: snipetype

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Foo

Phillips won't play in the NHL. Dude is too small. Funny comment coming from a fan of a team with Gaudreau, but Gaudreau is like Chara compared to Phillips.

If I was to optimistic, he has insane skill and will take a lot of development time to make it just to add weight. eliteprospects has him at 140 lbs, 5'7" and from what I have seen of him I am willing to bet he is even smaller.

I want nothing more than to eat crow when it comes to him, but I don't see him breaking in.
I disagree I think with the fact teams are now taking sub 5'10 D men in the first round that Phillips still has a decent chance at the NHL. I think as we enter a faster more puck moving era the league will have multiple players Gaudreau's height and under.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Agree that Phillips will never get a shot. Not good enough offensively, considering that’s all he provides

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Went Ruzicka
But I’m defense of philips he does play a more involved game putting up his points than a guy like Weal also small and very talented from the W

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyone that has actually seen Phillips play, would know that he doesn't have the evasiveness or agility that Gaudreau has. He's going to get destroyed as a pro. He gets run over and tossed around a ridiculous amount in the WHL, in the AHL, it will be even worse. I hope I am wrong, but I think he is retired due to injury within 3 years.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Went Ruzicka
But I’m defense of philips he does play a more involved game putting up his points than a guy like Weal also small and very talented from the W

Strong choice of Avatar.

I disagree I think with the fact teams are now taking sub 5'10 D men in the first round that Phillips still has a decent chance at the NHL. I think as we enter a faster more puck moving era the league will have multiple players Gaudreau's height and under.

Fair point. A lot of d-men being drafted are of the smaller variety, like Fox was and now Quinn Hughes who is also like 140 lbs soaking wet. We'll see, he isn't the game breaking talent Gaudreau is so he'll have to really excel in the AHL to show if he is worthy of a call up in a few years or not. He is top 6 or bust, bottom 6 will roast him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Foo

I think that Phillips has a small chance of playing in the NHL but so does everyone left and he at least has a small chance of being a top 6 if he can manage to make it.

I think when you get to this low of rankings and everyone has such a small chance of doing anything at the NHL level you really start to have big differences between guys from different posters depending on how they look at things.

I personally take Phillips and his say ~5% chance of being top 6 over Foo and his 10% chance of being a 4th liner for a 100 games.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->