• Mattson

• Ehliz

• Fischer

• Shinkurak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Or because he had an absolute wreck of a first season as a pro?

That might play a part of it to.

I think that is pretty much the definition of shinny new toy syndrome: falls in the dirt first few games when in new leagues then finishes stronger when having a chance to settle in - but it doesn't matter he has dirt on him now.

I get it, recent Anderson hype train is all hands on deck! Choo chuuuuuu

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think that is pretty much the definition of shinny new toy syndrome: falls in the dirt first few games when in new leagues then finishes stronger when having a chance to settle in - but it doesn't matter he has dirt on him now.

The biggest issue is that we don't seem to have very good goalie development staff, especially at the top. The closest thing to a successful goalie prospect we've had is Rittich and he's gotten progressively worse as he spent more time with Sigalet. Sigalet comes up with plans to change the games of prospects like Parsons, and in the past Ramo and Johnson among others, but it just seems to backfire. Last year Parsons' attempt to play the game Sigalet outlined for him didn't work as planned. I still think the raw talent is there in Parsons to be the Flames MVP someday but the team has to develop it well.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Hrmm, i guess is this Top Prospect based on long term ceiling or closest to being an impact NHL regular? That will significantly change how I vote.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Hrmm, i guess is this Top Prospect based on long term ceiling or closest to being an impact NHL regular? That will significantly change how I vote.
I'm surprised it took until the second thread to have this come up.

Everyone will have their rationale for 'top prospect' and will vote based on that - there's no set rule as to what that really means.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I find it interesting how quickly shiny new toy syndrome kicks in and how Parsons has basically fallen off the map in these top discussions now that he no longer is one.
I think that having a goalie is in your top 3/5 prospects reflects poorly on the prospect pool a team has. Jmo though.

Last edited:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015

I don’t know. I had Valimaki, Jankowski, Andersson, Dube, Parsons, Kylington as my top 6 last year IIRC. With the graduation of Jankowski, I will probably be voting Valimaki, Andersson, Dube, Parsons, Kylington this year.

Like, I don’t think his down season has affected his ranking much at all. I don’t think he ever should have been in the conversation before #3 last year and for me at least that holds this year too.

If anything, I’d just say my perceived gap between Dube and Parsons has widened, but that’s about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad