8. Foo (48.5%)
9. Phillips (53.8%)
10. Rittich (36.7%)
11. Klimchuk (45.5%)
12. Gawdin (50.0%)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Anyone else intrigued by Pospisil?

The USHL is not an easy league to put up numbers... especially when you spend half the time in the penalty box.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone else intrigued by Pospisil?

The USHL is not an easy league to put up numbers... especially when you spend half the time in the penalty box.

Since we drafted him, yes.
With games missed, he’d be his teams’ leading scorer while also leading the league in PIMs.

Really want to see more of him. It’ll be a longer development, but he could be a good player for Calgary. He’s essentially a Hunter Smith who can actually hockey.

Reactions: snipetype

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I honestly do not think that applies here. Shinkaruk would have gone around this spot, also everyone knows Rychel has not had the best record of late. Nonetheless he is still an intriguing piece.

I'm going Rychel next I just like salting your apples Hox. I disagree with Hunter going around this spot though, I didn't even have him in my personal top 20.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Rychel is younger, with better numbers and a heck of a lot more talent than Foo who went 5 spots higher so if anything this is way too low for him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Shiny new toy ect.

In terms of pure value my guess is guys like Roman, Kouzmontis, Pospisil, Joly, Ruzicka etc. could have a lot more value internally amongst our management then guys like Klimchuk, Rychel (or Shinkaruk) because that have more upside even though they are further away. We just spent 4th round picks on those guys, do Klimchuk, Rychel, Shinkaruk hold that kind of value? Doubtful, IMO.

I hope two or even one of those recent late round pick emerges into the next good to great Flame. I admittedly haven’t seen much of our last two draft classes outside of Valimaki (who is a stud) and Ruzicka (who gives me a Joe Colbourne vibe) so I don’t really know what to expect.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I honestly do not think that applies here. Shinkaruk would have gone around this spot, also everyone knows Rychel has not had the best record of late. Nonetheless he is still an intriguing piece.

Shinkurak would not have gone here. I 100% disagree.

Foo going as high as he did as a comparable for Rychel I disagree with on a couple points as well, both because I don't have Foo as high as he went and I don't think you are comparing apples to apples.

I do like the Colborne comparison for Ruzicka though Snipes.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Klimchuk is more comparable to Rychel in terms of potential than Shinkaruk.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Shinkurak would not have gone here. I 100% disagree.

Foo going as high as he did as a comparable for Rychel I disagree with on a couple points as well, both because I don't have Foo as high as he went and I don't think you are comparing apples to apples.

I do like the Colborne comparison for Ruzicka though Snipes.

Why is comparing Foo and Rychel not comparing apples to apples?

The are similar age, Rychel younger, similar lack of NHL experience, Rychels better, similar small AHL sample, again Rychel better.

The only reason not to say it is apples to apples is because you want Foo higher even though there is no reason to have him higher.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
In terms of pure value my guess is guys like Roman, Kouzmontis, Pospisil, Joly, Ruzicka etc. could have a lot more value internally amongst our management then guys like Klimchuk, Rychel (or Shinkaruk) because that have more upside even though they are further away. We just spent 4th round picks on those guys, do Klimchuk, Rychel, Shinkaruk hold that kind of value? Doubtful, IMO.

I hope two or even one of those recent late round pick emerges into the next good to great Flame. I admittedly haven’t seen much of our last two draft classes outside of Valimaki (who is a stud) and Ruzicka (who gives me a Joe Colbourne vibe) so I don’t really know what to expect.

I think it is highly unlikely any of those guys even have the same production that Rychel has at the AHL level. If any of those guys were on another NHL roster I would not trade Rychel one for one for them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why is comparing Foo and Rychel not comparing apples to apples?

The are similar age, Rychel younger, similar lack of NHL experience, Rychels better, similar small AHL sample, again Rychel better.

The only reason not to say it is apples to apples is because you want Foo higher even though there is no reason to have him higher.
232 AHL games is a small sample size? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad