ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

SaputoStadium-BW-1536x1024.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I really don't see why they can't just come back in Montreal already. I'm a Habs fan and all but the bias is getting kinda absurd. Its a pro sport team in a pro sport league too, you know ?

I agree.

But one thing I'm wondering about is charter flights. The NHL teams fly on charters all the time.

I know the MLS players were able to get more charters on the last CBA, but I don't think they made them all charters. Maybe that can be what the hiccup may be here with MLS.

That some of the flights they take are fights with the general public.

Reactions: QuebecPride

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I agree.

But one thing I'm wondering about is charter flights. The NHL teams fly on charters all the time.

I know the MLS players were able to get more charters on the last CBA, but I don't think they made them all charters. Maybe that can be what the hiccup may be here with MLS.

Meh. Have them take commercial flights to Burlington/Plattsburgh, then charter a bus to Montreal. Send them back to the US right after games.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I agree.

There would be ways to work around that, if that's the main reason then its really minor league penny-pinching stuff .

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
For those interested in the national men's team a list of 60 possible players for the Gold Cup has been handed in by Herdman. Akinola, Jebbison and Flores are on the list. What's great about that, you ask? Well, they're dual citizens who although played most of their soccer in Canada can go play for another nation. 21, 18 and 17 years old they're the new wave of stud players. There were a few other names but those three are the cream of the crop.

They're not cap tied yet but if they accept to play for canada at the Gold Cup, they'll be ours. Now we just need Herdman to pull a rabbit out of his ........ and convince Tomori.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Meh, not sure Piette would want to leave for Turkey. ZBG maybe, but he can certainly go back to France if he wanted to. Matter of choice.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know, Piette at the very least doesn't really strike me as a guy looking to go anywhere. He's making decent money ( by MLS standards) and playing for his home team, why change that ? I mean, unless Hatayspor is throwing big league money at him that he'd be crazy to turn down.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuebecPride

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
For those interested in the national men's team a list of 60 possible players for the Gold Cup has been handed in by Herdman. Akinola, Jebbison and Flores are on the list. What's great about that, you ask? Well, they're dual citizens who although played most of their soccer in Canada can go play for another nation. 21, 18 and 17 years old they're the new wave of stud players. There were a few other names but those three are the cream of the crop.

They're not cap tied yet but if they accept to play for canada at the Gold Cup, they'll be ours. Now we just need Herdman to pull a rabbit out of his ........ and convince Tomori.

I was super excited to see Jebbison and Flores on the 60 man list. Flores is the creative midfielder this team is missing. We generated a lot of good chances against Haiti but the final pass often lacked execution. Flores could be the guy to always feed Phonzie, David, and Larin. With Flores and Eustaquio in the midfield we could dominate possession in the midfield.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
His agent is inevitably on the hunt for a new team since Wanyama is here to stay and Nancy doesnt rate him. Rightfully so. None of this is random.

Turkish league is better and Turkish teams = $$$
Found this and 2 players of his possible future team are in the top 100 earners in £. He could make close to a 1Mil £ there. Who is the highest paid footballer in the Süper Lig? | Salary Sport

Unless he wants to stay on the bench for the remainder of the season, lose value, money and his place with the NT already in super jeopardy, he should leave asap.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
I was super excited to see Jebbison and Flores on the 60 man list. Flores is the creative midfielder this team is missing. We generated a lot of good chances against Haiti but the final pass often lacked execution. Flores could be the guy to always feed Phonzie, David, and Larin. With Flores and Eustaquio in the midfield we could dominate possession in the midfield.

Forgot to mention that Osorio definitely shouldn't be the creative midfielder. I don't even think he's in our starting 11.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't know, Piette at the very least doesn't really strike me as a guy looking to go anywhere. He's making decent money ( by MLS standards) and playing for his home team, why change that ? I mean, unless Hatayspor is throwing big league money at him that he'd be crazy to turn down.

Yup, especially with the newborn. His girlfriend is a Doc too, so doubt she puts it on hold for Piette and moves in Turkey. They've been apart for a few years when he was in Europe, but doubt we'll see it happen now with the baby.

There are worse things in life than living in your home province, with your family around, getting paid 500K/year to play soccer. He's here to stay. But it looks like teams are having interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->