OT: CF Montreal thread: Cement Feet, Can't Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We are so lucky that there is no Var because that Becker shot looked like a goal based on replays.

Welcome to concacaf suriname

We are playing like crap but we are winning. I don't think Herdman is the guy with that being said now that the sample size is larger

Suriname's +30yo players legs are showing right now as they are gassed.

Confident to say we are winning this. At this point rest all the key players as the next round is June 12 so in 4 days

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If he does score I would like you to call all our strikers shiite.

Thank God for Jo David, seriously. Without him the game would've been 0-0. 2 goals and 1 assist. Clutch. Now 3 goals for David.

Now just checked and we are playing Haiti again ...
Davies is on a yellow card so he's suspended for the 1st leg??? I would personally drop Osorio and Laryea. All this time and just realized that Osorio copied my haircut. But seriously he looks like he lacks serious fitness and Laryea is just lost. Bring in Kaye and ZBG/Johnston.

EDIT : Final score 4-0. I'm confident we can beat Haiti but it won't be a walk in the park at all.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
They really got rid of the butterflies in that second half. Jeeze, Davies & David will be a dynamic pair for years. I can't wait to see them grow into elite superstars. This is going to be a team to reckon with when 2026 rolls around.

Reactions: atrud66

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Potato played well tonight. Definitely needs better fitness, but you can tell the coach trusts him.

Crazy how close the next round is, but excited for the possibility of revenge after 2019.

This is the perfect scenario. A great opportunity for Canada to avenge that disappointing loss.

Agreed on Piette. He's a solid partner with Eustaquio who was everywhere on the pitch. Also as someone who's fixated on our CB performances, Scott Kennedy looked really good back there. Didn't know he was that good a playing the ball forward.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Who do you think will be the first player sold by the club? And when?

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
How do you think will be the first player sold by the club? And when?

I mean, Ballou was already sold to Barcelona a few years ago. Or do you mean the first player this year transferred?

My guess is Lappalainen, if he performs at the Euro. Bologna will probably try to sell him for a profit then.

Wanyama is also a possibility.

ZBG will most likely garner interest in France due to his dual-citizenship and formation in Lyon, but I'm not sure the team is ready to sell him yet.

Most of the talented players are not ripe to be sold, they need to prove a bit more. (Hamdi, Kizza, Bassong, Torres, Ibrahim, Ballou).

Last edited:

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
This is the perfect scenario. A great opportunity for Canada to avenge that disappointing loss.

Agreed on Piette. He's a solid partner with Eustaquio who was everywhere on the pitch. Also as someone who's fixated on our CB performances, Scott Kennedy looked really good back there. Didn't know he was that good a playing the ball forward.

I was also really impressed with Kennedy. Super composed with the ball (unlike Henry), made some great passes, and he's also super quick. Eustaquio had a quiet first half but was unreal in the second half. I wonder who else should be in the midfield with him in our best starting 11. Piette was solid yesterday but his linkup with Phonzie wasn't great. Osorio is out of form. I wonder if Kaye and Wotherspoon are in our best 11 if Atiba and Arfield aren't there.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal

delete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I was also really impressed with Kennedy. Super composed with the ball (unlike Henry), made some great passes, and he's also super quick. Eustaquio had a quiet first half but was unreal in the second half. I wonder who else should be in the midfield with him in our best starting 11. Piette was solid yesterday but his linkup with Phonzie wasn't great. Osorio is out of form. I wonder if Kaye and Wotherspoon are in our best 11 if Atiba and Arfield aren't there.

Kennedy will have a new challenge when Bazile, Nazon, Etienne all good dribblers with speed runs at him. I would personally bench Osorio, if only we could have Atiba for 1 game.

I would also bench Potato I don't think he has the physicality (nor speed) to handle Haiti's attack. He's like what 5'6? They really remind me of some South American sides as they all seem to be built like NFLers. For Colombia as example, only James (if he plays again) and Cuadrado are like the shortest and they're like 5'11ish both with JFQ shorter, but it saves them a lot of defeats. I could be wrong for Haiti but from yesterday's highlights they looked like towers.

a 6'5 Vitoria will for sureeeee help. And Borjan needs to focused 90 minutes he can't be having his daily brain farts.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
Kennedy will have a new challenge when Bazile, Nazon, Etienne all good dribblers with speed runs at him. I would personally bench Osorio, if only we could have Atiba for 1 game.

I would also bench Potato I don't think he has the physicality (nor speed) to handle Haiti's attack. He's like what 5'6? They really remind me of some South American sides as they all seem to be built like NFLers. For Colombia as example, only James (if he plays again) and Cuadrado are like the shortest and they're like 5'11ish both with JFQ shorter, but it saves them a lot of defeats. I could be wrong for Haiti but from yesterday's highlights they looked like towers.

a 6'5 Vitoria will for sureeeee help. And Borjan needs to focused 90 minutes he can't be having his daily brain farts.

Davies David Larin
Wotherspoon Eustaquio Kaye
Adekugbe Kennedy Vitoria Laryea/Buchannan
Borjan

Reactions: JunglePete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad