Injury Report: Cervenka Cleared by US Doctors

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm actually really excited to see what he can do. I have a feeling he's going to be a player for us. Hopefully he's good to go by Saturday.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
This could really go either way, he is a player for sure based on what I've seen in international competitions, but it's so hard to predict how his type of player will perform on the bigger stage. I'm hoping for a boom, and for him to be able to win some draws for us. I'm not holding my breath for the latter, but it would be nice.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This guy better be able to win a face-off. As much as I'm appreciating Backlund's new confidence, I really wish he spent the summer working on his game in the circle.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Yes, it's terrible, it's pathetic.

For comparison, Jiri Hudler has been at ~45% in 08-09 and 09-11, two seasons among his most frequent for taking faceoffs.

Hudler hasn't played center regularly since he destroyed the AHL in 2005-06, and yet he's still as good as Backlund on the dot? Dun dun dun...

Gary83*

What is it with these annoying detroit trolls? first tfong and now eva unit zero?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This guy better be able to win a face-off. As much as I'm appreciating Backlund's new confidence, I really wish he spent the summer working on his game in the circle.

Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace. I'm so happy for Cervenka finally getting a shot in the NHL. As for the faceoffs, there are his stats from KHL http://en.khl.ru/players/16827/ . It seems that he didn't take as many faceoffs as a few of his teammates but his percentage is usually slightly under/above 50 percent and in the last 2 seasons went way higher. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->