Line Combos: Centres: 1,2,3,4 - Our New 2nd Line

noto0661

Feb 2, 2004
Last year Kadri was one of the best point producers on the team. He did this mostly by playing on the 3rd line, against 3rd pairing D.

Obviously he's been trying, and he's getting chances and hitting posts, but I'm curious to see how he would play against opponents 3rd D pairs again. I wouldn't mind seeing him on our 3rd line.

This leaves the 2nd line open for Holland to get a bit more ice time, and give Holland (the playmaker) a sniper(Lupul) to shoot. I'd even keep Kulemin with Holland and Lupul to go digging for pucks anywhere he can.

1) Bozak
2) Holland + Kulemin + Lupul
3) Kadri + Ashton + ?
4) McClement

Ashton had 10+ goals in about 15 Games with the Marlies in a scoring role. Maybe he can get off that darn 4th line with all these injuries too.

How would you guys feel about this as a 2nd line, and Kadri on line 3 again?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Kadri is better than Holland even on a bad day...

Leave him with Lupul on the 2nd

So wrong. Holland has looked better than Kadri pretty much every game the two have played together this year.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
So wrong. Holland has looked better than Kadri pretty much every game the two have played together this year.

Yeeeaaaaahhh...that's not correct at all.

Two completely different players. Kadri is all hands and vision. Holland is a shoot-first type that seems to thrive in the corners and along the wall. I think people see Holland win puck battles and all of a sudden he's considered better than Kadri. There's a lot of things Kadri does that Holland just can't do at the NHL level, at least at the moment. Could Holland develop into a better two-way player than Kadri one day? Sure, but to say he is a better NHL player today after 25 games between the 2nd and 4th line is just false.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Yeeeaaaaahhh...that's not correct at all.

Two completely different players. Kadri is all hands and vision. Holland is a shoot-first type that seems to thrive in the corners and along the wall. I think people see Holland win puck battles and all of a sudden he's considered better than Kadri. There's a lot of things Kadri does that Holland just can't do at the NHL level, at least at the moment. Could Holland develop into a better two-way player than Kadri one day? Sure, but to say he is a better NHL player today after 25 games between the 2nd and 4th line is just false.
Kadri is closer to a Seguin while Holland is closer to a Turris. I don't see them being similar players, but I think Kadri would play a lot better with forwards that can retrieve the puck, and physically protect him.

We should try:

Kulemin - Kadri - Clarkson

As I said before, I'd try Ladd seeing that Winnipeg may end up blowing up their team. However, let's not get too hopeful and try wingers that are available.

Holland should form pair with Lupul if the top line remains the same. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Kessel either.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
wow what a bunch of never played a minute of hockey group we have here , first off teams match lines based on skill sets not what you anoint as 2nd or 3rd line , it doesn't matter a lick whether you cal Kadri's line the 2nd or 3rd the opposing teams are matching against Kadri and his line mates . 2nd real line chemistry takes time moving players around like some fantasy league destroys line chemistry and puts line mates back to square one when they are reunited ,Carlyle should never have moved him to Kessels line because Kessel would never pass to him `, Kadri should have stayed with his line mates and kessel should have been made to play with Bozo`s replacement . The whole time Bozo was gone both lines lost their touch . This team lacks competent coaching and it`s starting to look like that extends up to the GM , rewarding mediocre players with fat mid season pay raises without making them play for them is just piss poor management .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad