Centre Ice should be FREE this year

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wouldn't expect it be free, but they could lower the price or perhaps give a free trial for a few weeks or so throughout the season. It would be great to have it for free for the whole season, but I doubt it will happen.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Well for you that depends. When did you come to Canada? If you were born here when did your family come to Canada?

Ugh, are you being serious with that question? Lol.

BTW, I'm not Serbian. It's more of a reference to the guy in my avatar... my favourite athlete (along with EK).

Pension Plan Puppets

Aug 5, 2009
*Rumour alert*
NHL Gamecenter rumoured to be $50. Comes from a crappy source at:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/1/14/3875744/2013-nhl-gamecenter-live-to-be-50

Take it for what it is but $50 is a decent price if true.

LOL It's not a crappy source. It's a correct source. NHL.com has the pricing now too.

And Centre Ice will be $50 for cable and $60 for satellite. DirectTV themselves confirmed that pricing.

As for Centre Ice being free, that's a pipe dream. Here's a good post explaining why it was never going to happen: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/3843108/why-free-center-ice-simply-cant-happen

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If it was a full 82 game schedule where I probably wouldn't get 20 games televised I'd consider it. Fortunately only 1 out of the 48 games won't be televised here so I'll pass.

For out of towners like myself... Based on the SN schedule, it would seem that we get 33 games for sure for the 50 bucks - so about 1.52 a game.
Not sure if Sportsnet Sens is considered a national broadcast - would make it 34 then.

Any TSN and CBC game won't be available (though CBC still should stream their HNIC games I'd assume, and TSN seems like it's experimenting with streaming some of its broadcasts for free too -- yesterday's afternoon NFL game was).

I'll probably re-up with GCL again this year. Someone did the math elsewhere and the comparable pro-rated cost would be something like 93 bucks, so they are pretty much offering it at 50% off this year.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
For out of towners like myself... Based on the SN schedule, it would seem that we get 33 games for sure for the 50 bucks - so about 1.52 a game.
Not sure if Sportsnet Sens is considered a national broadcast - would make it 34 then.

Any TSN and CBC game won't be available (though CBC still should stream their HNIC games I'd assume, and TSN seems like it's experimenting with streaming some of its broadcasts for free too -- yesterday's afternoon NFL game was).

I'll probably re-up with GCL again this year. Someone did the math elsewhere and the comparable pro-rated cost would be something like 93 bucks, so they are pretty much offering it at 50% off this year.

Where do you live?

Sportsnet Sens is available to people living in Petersborough, Ontario to the Maritimes. (Not sure if people in Quebec get it).

As for CBC, all sens games except for the last game against the Flyers is in the afternoon or against the Maple Leafs which will be broadcasted in the Maritimes. The remaining games on TSN is usually available here as well.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
LOL It's not a crappy source. It's a correct source. NHL.com has the pricing now too.

And Centre Ice will be $50 for cable and $60 for satellite. DirectTV themselves confirmed that pricing.

As for Centre Ice being free, that's a pipe dream. Here's a good post explaining why it was never going to happen: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/3843108/why-free-center-ice-simply-cant-happen

"Crappy source" due to the screenshot from a random twitter user which can easily be modified. It wasn't anybody credible unless you hold Mike V. - Senior sport management major at Ithaca College in high regard.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Where do you live?

Sportsnet Sens is available to people living in Petersborough, Ontario to the Maritimes. (Not sure if people in Quebec get it).

As for CBC, all sens games except for the last game against the Flyers is in the afternoon or against the Maple Leafs which will be broadcasted in the Maritimes. The remaining games on TSN is usually available here as well.

I'm down in Cambridge, so Leafs land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad