Centre Ice Package Free of Charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
CI caters to die-hards. Die-hards pay money to watch 'extra' which is essentially what CI is, 'extra' - casual fans are not paying $99 - $150 for something like this.

The NHL may have a reduced initial price for CI or 1 month free, but I highly doubt you see the price vary much, if at all. CI probably doesn't generate that much revenue.

Seriously, one season of CI costs as much as one reguar game ticket in some markets (maybe 2). The target for revenue will be fans butts in the seats, who eat/drink, and spend $ on apparel, trinkets, posters, pucks, etc.

CI for free? nice one. The NHL is not as desparate as many here think. How does CI expose the NHL to more fans, when basically it's a die-hard PAYING for that service? You pay, they already have you.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Excellent post.

Also, take about devaluing your product. So NBC deal is barter deal. GIve away every game to a national audience for free (CI). Tell me again why ESPN or TNT or Cable Access would choose to pay rights fees again?

That being said, I could see CI maybe going for 75% of last year's price as a good faith kind of thing.

Trent

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Centre Ice for Free? I've had it since it was available in Canada on Expressvu. At $179 CDN+tax for over 1000 games that is practically free. How cheap do you think it should be? How much would it cost you to go to a couple of games? :dunno:

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Peter said:
Really?? You live in Ontario and all Canuck games are blacked out for you?? I use to live in Ontario and got Center Ice and saw all the Canuck games (except when playing against Toronto and Ottawa). If you really are getting your Canuck games blacked out and you get to watch Toronto and Ottawa there is something wrong with Express Vu. Simply call them and they will sort it out.

Right...I get all the Canucks games in Ontario too...Only Canucks games that I didn't see were Hawks games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->