Central

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Anywhere from third to last. I really have no idea how some of these teams will perform, it's such a toss-up in the Central. 4-6 probably, to narrow it down.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I think the Blues top the division.

I'll believe in the blues once I see it. Always ranked highly at the beginning of the season and somehow manage to either middle out and then blow it in the playoffs .

As for the question. I think the wild will be fighting it out with the five teams as well but I think that Chicago will be at the bottom. Sounds like Crawford isn't fully recovered and they're replacing him with Ward and a mediocre defense in front of him.

Winnipeg
Nashville
St. LOUIS
Colorado
Wild
Stars
Chicago

Is my guess with the middle four going any way really.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Winnipeg
Nashville
Colorado
St. Louis
Dallas
Minnesota
Chicago

How I see it playing out. Minny and Chicago are the two worst by a decent margin I think. With Jets and Preds being waaaaay above the rest as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wild are in the same spot as the Avs this season. Could make the Playoffs if everything goes right, but they could also easily miss it.
Winnipeg can easily miss the playoffs if they have two key injuries, such as every other team could. Central is too hard to predict because Blues and Stars improvements can easily pass the Avs. However, both teams still have big questionmarks which could prevent them from taking the next step, more so the Blues than the Stars (which I think a lot came down to Bishop's injury). Hell, I even except the Blackhawks to miss them, but they will always be a bubble team if Crawford comes back healthy; just look at the their standings before and after he was put on IR.

The Central and Serie A might be the two most interesting division/league to watch in sports.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
WPG NSH STL
DAL COL MIN
CHI

Anywhere from 4th to 6th is realistic for Wild. Goaltending will be very important in Central.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still think they got enough to make it to at least 5th place, I don't see them making it to 4th but stranger things have happened. It's never been a question of how they do in the regular season, it's the postseason they don't seem to be prepared for.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Did the Blues really improve that much? When you compare their roster to what they had at the start of last year, you can simply the changes as follows :

- They replaced Stastny with ROR;
- They replaced Berglund with Bozak;
- They replaced Sobotka with Maroon;
- They replaced Thompson with Perron;

You can argue that they improved but we're not talking massive improvement here. I would argue that Schwartz and Fabbri's health is a greater improvement than those changes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't know if the Blooz are better by leaps and bounds but yeah I think they're a lot better. O'Reilly is at this point better than Stastny, and this is coming from a guy who likes Stazz a ton and doesn't like ROR at all. I also think they made addition by subtraction by dumping Sobotka and Berglund, neither of whom are remotely worth their bad contracts. But yes, Schwartz has to stay healthy, and who knows about Fabbri at this point. There's also the goaltending question. It's make or break for Jake Allen this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad