Central Standings

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Since other teams are doing this. Where do you see the Wild finishing in the Central Division.
I really don't care where they finish as long as they make the playoffs and are good possesion team.
Anyways bold prediction standings kind of

1.Blues/Hawks
2.Blues/Hawks
3.Stars/Wild/Preds
4.Stars/Wild/Preds

I think the Blues and Hawks are the top 2. I also think the Stars, Wild and Preds will fight for the third spot. I have the Preds because they were only three points away from the playoffs last year now they have full season of Rinne. I don't see Colorado making the playoffs.

If I had chose one for the standings it would be again bold predictions kind of.
1.Hawks
2.Blues
3.Stars
4.Wild
5.Preds
6.Avs
7.Jets

Last edited:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Thinking we finish 2nd. Banking on one of the Blues/Blackhawks to be first and the other slipping a bit for whatever reason (injuries, trades, depth, anomalies etc.) to finish 3rd. I see the division going:

1. Hawks/Blues
2. Wild
3. Hawks/Blues
4. Avs
5. Stars
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

Wishful thinking on my part, but I think it's realistic. Would love to get home ice in the playoffs for the first couple series.

Could also picture St. Louis regressing quite a bit and going down to 4th or 5th and the Avs take 3rd.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
1. Hawks
2. Blues
3. Wild
4. Avs
5. Stars
6. Preds
7. Jets

I'm also fairly confident we're sending 5 teams to the playoffs again.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
1. Blues
2. Hawks
3. Wilds
4. Avs
5. Stars
6. Jets
7. Preds

1-5 make playoffs.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
1. Blues
2. Hawks
3. Wilds
4. Avs
5. Stars
6. Jets
7. Preds

this would be my rankings as well , hawks could have trouble if other players unhappy kane & toews got paid.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think we'll finish 3rd or 4th. Could be as low as 5th or as high as 2nd.

Generally, I still view the Blues and Blackhawks as being the best two in the division. After that, the Stars, Wild, and Aves duke it out. That leaves the Predators and Jets to finish out the standings, and I'm not sure which order they'll finish. Rinne over Pavelec is an obvious edge for the Preds, but I don't really like the rest of their team when comparing it side by side with the Jets. Better top end guys on the Preds, but they're relying on a lot of reclamation projects and old guys. One or two on a team isn't bad, but when you've got a solid line and a half of them...

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Obviously with polls like these, we are assuming full health of all rosters.

Of course, that's never what happens. For all we know, STL and DAL get real banged up, we somehow stay healthy, and we finish 2nd.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'm thinking 3rd. I would like to see at least one playoff series be on home ice.

I just don't want us to play balls out every night just to come in 1st or 2nd at the expense of going into the playoff worn out and banged up.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Between 3rd and 5th. Voted for 4th. I don't think we'll beat the Hawks or the Blues, but after that it's a crapshoot with Winnipeg pretty much being the only team that doesn't look like it's going anywhere. The Preds are a bit of a wild card because they have good goaltending and defense.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If we get another year like last, where kids step onto the team in important roles (Zucker, Folin, Dumba, etc.), we have a chance to be #1.

We got to beat the Hawks before TT gets going. And while Statsny is a huge piece for the Blues, I still think they might take a step back.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
If we get another year like last, where kids step onto the team in important roles (Zucker, Folin, Dumba, etc.), we have a chance to be #1.

We got to beat the Hawks before TT gets going. And while Statsny is a huge piece for the Blues, I still think they might take a step back.

Even with TT, I'm not scared. They can't afford that amazing top 4 anymore, and most likely Sharp either. Combine that with an aging Hossa, and I'm confident we will have their number soon, and will be better for at least a 3 year stretch.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Blues
Wild
Stars
Hawks
Preds
Avs
Jets

What a division. Minnesota and Dallas are going to surprise a lot of people.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
It's personal dislike against their fanbase after playoff series. I still see them falling to either Preds/Dallas.

Preds don't actualy need to score much to win and Dallas seems like more experienced and injury prone Avies.

Wild and Hawks are toss up for me, but one got better and one gets worse.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I think only Chicago outclasses the Wild. And Winnipeg doesn't really even need to be mentioned.

Beyond that, I can see MIN, STL, COL, DAL, and even NSH finishing really anywhere in between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad