Central Scouting Services Mid-Term Rankings:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
WHL looks a lot better than the prelims did ... most of the odd rankings from that list (Alzner, Hamill, Sutter, Meidl) are fixed. Alzner should be the #1 guy, but at least they have him close now.

The one absolutely bizarre ranking is Juraj Valach at #137. He's raw, but when you're a 6'7 defender who's been scoring over a point-per-game over the past couple months, you're going to go in the first couple rounds. Tons of upside there. To have him behind nothing prospects like Mitch Czibere lacks credibility.

You'd also hope that they would have noticed a guy like Cody Almond - rangy 6'2 center with some nice playmaking skills who's become one of the top players on Kelowna and is averaging close to a PPG pace over his last 20-25 games - and put him on the list ahead of guys like Czibere and Vartovnik, but apparantly not.

turnbuckle*

You need to read the previous posts, dear. Billy Sweatt is listed under "limiting vieweing". They must've missed him at the WJC and his return to theCC lineup before that (and since).

No I don't, love. My point is why isn't he on the list?

turnbuckle*

I believe a lot of people were saying that MICHAEL BIEGA (Alex's brother, the one drafter by Buffalo last year) Was a hell of a player but he didn't make the list at all, am i missing something?

Biegas can't be choosers. Michael needs to suck it up. ;)

turnbuckle*

I totally agree with that. I've haven't really put much faith in CSS, favouring more or less the ISS and McKeens. I look forward to your rankings, but I'm not a subscriber so basically the only way I'll get a good glimpse of it is through here.

It would cost you a whopping $10 a month to subscribe to our Draft Digest BTW - not in the budget?;)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kane at four is fine IMO. There are no doubt some questions about his size.

I would've thought his skating, smarts, creativity, and impressive performance in the most highly regarded junior tournament would've been enough to compensate for size issues, especially in the "New NHL", where speed and skill are supposed to be paramount.

I guess not. But I'd take him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
WHL looks a lot better than the prelims did ... most of the odd rankings from that list (Alzner, Hamill, Sutter, Meidl) are fixed. Alzner should be the #1 guy, but at least they have him close now.

The one absolutely bizarre ranking is Juraj Valach at #137. He's raw, but when you're a 6'7 defender who's been scoring over a point-per-game over the past couple months, you're going to go in the first couple rounds. Tons of upside there. To have him behind nothing prospects like Mitch Czibere lacks credibility.

You'd also hope that they would have noticed a guy like Cody Almond - rangy 6'2 center with some nice playmaking skills who's become one of the top players on Kelowna and is averaging close to a PPG pace over his last 20-25 games - and put him on the list ahead of guys like Czibere and Vartovnik, but apparantly not.

I like that post; especially the part about Valach, here in Spokane we see him alot, enough for me to tell that he is at least equal to Mihalik from P.G. if not even better.

I don't see Almond enough to know much about him, but where would you place him? I thought he was fairly impressive when they played here; I just thought he didn't play much.

turnbuckle*

I would've thought his skating, smarts, creativity, and impressive performance in the most highly regarded junior tournament would've been enough to compensate for size issues, especially in the "New NHL", where speed and skill are supposed to be paramount.

I guess not. But I'd take him.

Agreed.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I like that post; especially the part about Valach, here in Spokane we see him alot, enough for me to tell that he is at least equal to Mihalik from P.G. if not even better.

I don't see Almond enough to know much about him, but where would you place him? I thought he was fairly impressive when they played here; I just thought he didn't play much.

Almond isn't more than a mid-round pick, but he belongs on the list ahead of at least 5 extremely marginal WHL guys who made it. Has something like 17 points in his last 20 games, good size and playmaking ability, and will be a worthwhile 5th-6th rounder for someone. Started the season as a 4th-line guy, now one of their go-to guys following the talent dump to Regina.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
nice to see a norwegian guy made the list. its been while since a norwegian player got drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->