KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
Petrecki is 31 in the NA ranking :dunno:

Why ISS put him 8.

In the ISS he' a LD and in the CSS he's LW :dunno:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I honestly can't see how Kane is the 4th ranked NA skater. Did his performance at the WJCs mean nothing?

Frankly, I hope he doesn't climb any higher. That way, my Pens might have a chance of picking him up at around the 5-10 spot.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I honestly can't see how Kane is the 4th ranked NA skater. Did his performance at the WJCs mean nothing?

Frankly, I hope he doesn't climb any higher. That way, my Pens might have a chance of picking him up at around the 5-10 spot.

Kane at four is fine IMO. There are no doubt some questions about his size. Having Petrecki at 31 is a farce though. He'll be a top ten selection IMO.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And Voracek at 15???? Wasn't he a top 1 on some lists, definately top 5 on most lists???

And for the Remparts fans, is there that big of a gap between the Bashkirov's twins? Ruslan at 48, Roman at 111....

Katic at 60 is quite surprising as well....sure there's the frame but seems his offensive instincts are quite good.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
mucha 23rd best NA goaltender? I don't think so....

Also I don't get why hickey has been rated so poorly in the most recent rankings. Everytime I see seattle play he's the player that stands out most to me.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
And Voracek at 15???? Wasn't he a top 1 on some lists, definately top 5 on most lists???

And for the Remparts fans, is there that big of a gap between the Bashkirov's twins? Ruslan at 48, Roman at 111....

Katic at 60 is quite surprising as well....sure there's the frame but seems his offensive instincts are quite good.

I think that the big gap between the 2 is their size difference. For twins, its quite impressive

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Seems that WJCs performances are not that important, Omark is #60 in the European list....

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
What I don't get is that how can they have a limited viewing on Bill Sweatt? He has been considered as a top prospect all along for this draft, he plays at a "big" school in Colorado College and he was a member of team USA at the WJC's.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What I don't get is that how can they have a limited viewing on Bill Sweatt? He has been considered as a top prospect all along for this draft, he plays at a "big" school in Colorado College and he was a member of team USA at the WJC's.

From what was told to me by someone from ISS, the CSB has a very small staff (the conversation was a few years back so I can't recall the actual number) so I assume it has something to do with that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
No big surprises in the top ten, other than maybe Tommy Cross at #10. Anybody got a good scouting report on him?

There are huge surprises in the top 10.

Like Blum ahead of Alzner...i can see some likeing Ellerby over Alzner so that isnt a big surprise.

Gagner over Kane is a definate surprise for me.

No Couture OR Voracek in the top 10 is another big surprise.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005

It's no doubt his size. Some players overcome that at the NHL level (Briere, St. Louis), others never can.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
this list had to have been compiled before the wjcs. im fine with kane at 4, but i think he should be 1 or 2. alzner is way too low. sweatt had mono, but his performance at wjcs alone would warrant a top 20 pick, and with his speed the right team could take him in the top 10, depending on what their looking for. really surprised at tommy cross being so high. ive heard good things about him, just never have seen him ranked this high. petrecki and katic are really low too.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
all i know is i am praying for the penguins to make the playoffs just sop they don't get another top 5 pick. seriously, they should make a rule that if you get thje 1st overall twice in 3 years, the next year the highest pick you should be able to get is 6th.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Seems that WJCs performances are not that important, Omark is #60 in the European list....
Well, for the Swedish '87s, getting ranked at all is probably good enough... at the end of the day, their chances of going are pretty much all over the board in the later rounds anyway, all down to whether or not they have a fan amongst the NHL organisations or not, so I don't think there could be too much controversy about that one...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
On the other hand, he seems to be moving up their own list quite dramatically... they had him (bizarrely enough) 7th amongst QMJHLers on their prelim list, which might have translated to something in the late-2nd/early-3rd round overall. Now he's 3rd amongst Q players and 15th overall? That's an even bigger jump than Cherepanov going 22-to-1 for ISS. :)
I dunno, I'm a split decision on Katic. At least he's a guy I've seen a bit firsthand. His offense isn't exactly overwhelming, if you're going to overlook the size thing and take him for offense. Russell was a bit of a controversy too in his draft year, and he ended up at the top of the 3rd round (I took him top of the 2nd round in my FHL fwiw, yay me)... okay, with Russell it's an even smaller frame (on draft day anyway), not as smooth skating, but far far better numbers. I would be more surprised to see Katic go as high as #14 than I would be to see him slip to #60. (Although bearing in mind that #60-NA Skater might equal #80-90 overall, I agree the ranking is still too low).

All totally from the ol' :GWC: of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad