Central Scouting Publishes its Final List of QMJHL eligible draftees (Espo #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
looks like this year's q draft has a lot of top-end d-men.

Its actually fairly weak in dmen.

Grant is a bluechip. After that there are a couple good ones in Lund and Sigouin but neither are franchise types. After that it drops off.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
La-La-Laprise said:

Grant is a bluechip. After that there are a couple good ones in Lund and Sigouin but neither are franchise types. After that it drops off.

Isn't Pepin pretty good?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:

you're right I compleately misread, I was looking at the column under 'Tir' and saw a lot of Ds. :dunce:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
you're right I compleately misread, I was looking at the column under 'Tir' and saw a lot of Ds. :dunce:
I was wondering if that's
what you did.Well,it takes a big man to admit his mistakes.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
he hasnt chosen which direction yet.
I was under the impression he was leaning towards the NCAA or at least that the
concensus opinion was he would go that route.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:

Most likely is leaning NCAA but a lot can change. Crosby was the same way pretty much until Rimouski steped up to the plate.

St. John's is doing the same with Esposito and Brad Malone (Plays at Cushing Academy).

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
there was a couple of stories in the local papers around here within the last week that mentioned Saint John is/was considering taking Lund first overall because he has family ties in Saint John or somn (personally, i can't see them being this stupid, not ragging on Lund, but Grant is a much better defenseman). it also said they were in heavy talks with Esposito. but like Laprise said rimouski has struck deals with big names before and suckered other teams to pass on them (lecavalier, richards, crosby)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Chootoi said:
there was a couple of stories in the local papers around here within the last week that mentioned Saint John is/was considering taking Lund first overall because he has family ties in Saint John or somn (personally, i can't see them being this stupid, not ragging on Lund, but Grant is a much better defenseman). it also said they were in heavy talks with Esposito. but like Laprise said rimouski has struck deals with big names before and suckered other teams to pass on them (lecavalier, richards, crosby)

Halifax has done the same as well. Its easy to do :)

Yeah I have heard Grant is pretty much a lock for 1st overall with Saint John. But My source has been wrong before.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I have heard that Esposito will report to the QMJHL if he gets a good school package. This IMO would leave teams like Halifax, Quebec, Gatineau as the main and the next set being teams like Moncton, Cape Breton, Saint John and Saint Johns and Rimouski.

I find this list very bad IMO. Michael Biega, and Logan MacMillan should both be in the 1st round. Other names I can't belive are so low are guys like Marc-Andre Laroche and Ben MacAskill. Michael Biega IMO after Esposito is the 2nd best offensive talent in the draft and who ever picks him late and if he reports other teams are going to be left shaking their heads in disapointment on why they never picked him. IMO Beiga would go 2nd overall if he was 100% sure that he was comming up.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
scoutman1 said:
I have heard that Esposito will report to the QMJHL if he gets a good school package. This IMO would leave teams like Halifax, Quebec, Gatineau as the main and the next set being teams like Moncton, Cape Breton, Saint John and Saint Johns and Rimouski.

I find this list very bad IMO. Michael Biega, and Logan MacMillan should both be in the 1st round. Other names I can't belive are so low are guys like Marc-Andre Laroche and Ben MacAskill. Michael Biega IMO after Esposito is the 2nd best offensive talent in the draft and who ever picks him late and if he reports other teams are going to be left shaking their heads in disapointment on why they never picked him. IMO Beiga would go 2nd overall if he was 100% sure that he was comming up.

That being said, Espo moving up three spots probably means he won't go down the college route. How did he do at Shawttucks BTW?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
scoutman1 said:

I agreem, MacMillan should be round 1. Biega as well. Laroche is too low, he has size, can skate and has good hands. A poor version of JF Jacques :) MacAskill as well. Great skating defensmen, good on the PP and good size.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
pei fan said:
If BU makes him the full scholarship offer before June he will commit!

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Joe Hallenback said:
Can someone tell me what the Espoirs is?

Espoires is a step below Bantam, but just because a player plays there does not mean he is not good. The Espoirs league is mostly 15 year olds. Since they are above Bantam and the Midget AAA teams may not have room that season to carry more than a few young rookies they send them to Espoirs, there players can develope with players their own age. There are some really good players playing Espoirs, actually some 15 year olds choose to play Espoir because they know they will get signifacnt playing time...something they might not get in AAA as a 15 year old rookie.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
The way I see it is that Espoirs guys are players not good enough to play in midget AAA. Every year they put the Espoirs way too early in their lists cause in the draft, the teams rather have proven 16 years old than Espoirs players.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
scoutman1 said:
Espoires is a step below Bantam, but just because a player plays there does not mean he is not good. The Espoirs league is mostly 15 year olds. Since they are above Bantam and the Midget AAA teams may not have room that season to carry more than a few young rookies they send them to Espoirs, there players can develope with players their own age. There are some really good players playing Espoirs, actually some 15 year olds choose to play Espoir because they know they will get signifacnt playing time...something they might not get in AAA as a 15 year old rookie.

A step below Midget not Bantam.

Espoirs is for 15 year old players and late 16 year olds. This year the age group eligible for Espoir would be:

1989's and 1988's born in October, November or December.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Laurentides said:
The way I see it is that Espoirs guys are players not good enough to play in midget AAA. Every year they put the Espoirs way too early in their lists cause in the draft, the teams rather have proven 16 years old than Espoirs players.

Politics plays a big role as well :) And whether or not the player WANTS to play AAA. Maxime Tanguay didnt want to play AAA as a 15 year old, so he played Espoirs. He is still a good player.

Espoir players are good players but they play a lower level so to compare them to Midget AAA players is tough.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Politics plays a big role as well :) And whether or not the player WANTS to play AAA. Maxime Tanguay didnt want to play AAA as a 15 year old, so he played Espoirs. He is still a good player.

Espoir players are good players but they play a lower level so to compare them to Midget AAA players is tough.

Are you sure that Tanguay didnt want to make the team that year? Cause I saw him play a couple of games and I was way more impressed by PL Champagne than him. Remember too that he was not even 130 pounds that year....

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Laurentides said:
Are you sure that Tanguay didnt want to make the team that year? Cause I saw him play a couple of games and I was way more impressed by PL Champagne than him. Remember too that he was not even 130 pounds that year....

Yeah, im pretty sure Tanguay left AAA camp to go to Beauce-Amianete on his own power. Just like he left Chicoutimi in August to go play with Levis. Tanguay was their 4th center and he was on the team but he left to go down a level. He felt he wasnt ready. Same thing a year earlier with Espoir/AAA.

Champagne should have played in AAA last year but he ended up in Suroit Espoir because Gatineau didnt want any underagers, or very few.

mooseOAK*

As an FYI, Brad Malone is Ryan Malone's cousin and is supposed to go to US college next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->