Speculation: Centering Aho

Dec 30, 2013
Also, Francis said he thinks he may become a 1C. Not a guarantee at all, but I guess both Peters and Francis see him as a C in the future

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
He rocked it at C in WJC. Then again he was centering Laine and puljujärvi but that became one of tje most dangerous wjc lines ever so he did good^^

Would be nice to see him in nhl at c aswell :)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
He rocked it at C in WJC. Then again he was centering Laine and puljujärvi but that became one of tje most dangerous wjc lines ever so he did good^^

Would be nice to see him in nhl at c aswell :)

I still wonder if there might be a trade possibility with Edmonton for Pool Party

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I could see a scenario where they decide to put him together with Skinner:

Skinner-Aho-x
x-Staal-Lindholm
x-Rask-Teravainen

Makes a lot of sense. I'd like to see him stay at wing for now though, he plays well with Staal and Lindy and that gives you a legit defensive shutdown line where all three guys can give you 50ish points.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm slightly worried if it'll be going like with Mikael Granlund, who never quite cut it as C which position they were a bit too keen to play him in but who is in the wing near hype-warranting good, as he always has been on international ice.

Also wonder what our center situation is in the WHC because it is somewhat tempting to try a sneak preview.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
I like Aho at center despite size, there may be future issues with having too many 2/3C in the organization.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Aho has the smarts to be a Zetterberg or Larionov style #1 IMHO. Not an elite offensive talent but more then good enough and with a two way game that could border on elite.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I could see a scenario where they decide to put him together with Skinner:

Skinner-Aho-x
x-Staal-Lindholm
x-Rask-Teravainen

Makes a lot of sense. I'd like to see him stay at wing for now though, he plays well with Staal and Lindy and that gives you a legit defensive shutdown line where all three guys can give you 50ish points.

Lest we all forget Aho was drafted as a right wing. It's what he played until the World's and was, I believe playing center after for Karpat mostly because of injuries. Don't get me wrong, I could see him being a hell of a centerman. But it would be awfully interesting to put him at RW w/Skinner at LW and have that big-bodied #1C between them....just don't know who or where that guys is.

Aho has the smarts to be a Zetterberg or Larionov style #1 IMHO. Not an elite offensive talent but more then good enough and with a two way game that could border on elite.

He's got the vision, almost like 2nd sight. Kid knows where people are and where they're going to be.

Spede

Jan 1, 2017
Finland
Lest we all forget Aho was drafted as a right wing. It's what he played until the World's and was, I believe playing center after for Karpat mostly because of injuries. Don't get me wrong, I could see him being a hell of a centerman. But it would be awfully interesting to put him at RW w/Skinner at LW and have that big-bodied #1C between them....just don't know who or where that guys is.

He's got the vision, almost like 2nd sight. Kid knows where people are and where they're going to be.

He probably utilizes his right eye.

Dec 30, 2013

So, you're saying we need to make Skinner-Eichel-Aho a reality? Yeah I could live with that :sarcasm:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Last time when Aho played C he was damn good on that role and end was golden ( Finland's U20 gold medal winning team 2016).
So if / when Peters and Francis sees Aho as a center so be it.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC

Nicolas Roy maybe?

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I generally trust the rest of you when it comes to prospect info....I must say this is disturbing to hear. I thought he was a better prospect.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I generally trust the rest of you when it comes to prospect info....I must say this is disturbing to hear. I thought he was a better prospect.

Not like he wasn't a 4th round pick for a reason. He's developing probably as well as could be expected. No shame in needing to still polish his game and get some seasoning in the minors.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I don't think it's disturbing at all. He was a 4th round pick who put together a very good season while improving his biggest weakness. Still has a ways to go. Look at it this way, Victor Rask was a 2011 draft pick and didn't make the NHL til 2014 and wasn't effective until 2015..so 4 years post draft. Elias Lindholm was a 2013 pick and finally in 2017 had the type of season we were expecting, so 4 years later.

Roy was drafted in 2015....so if we don't see him until the 2019 season or later, that's fine. Let him develop at the right pace.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Looks like Aho´s playing centering against USA in tomorrows game! http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9618770 (finnish leak)

"Continues." He was moved from 1W to 2C in the previous game against Canada and continues there.

Also in Soviet Finland the officials FU you! (Captain Kukkonen's protestations on Aho's easy minor took an ill turn from the get-go)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Looks like Aho´s playing centering against USA in tomorrows game! http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9618770 (finnish leak)

Yes.

Rather than trying to push a deal with one of the top4 defenseman I'd let Aho to show what he has next year and give him a test at C.

Maybe play 20-30 games on the wing and if all goes well transfer him to C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->