Proposal: Center options left...

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
...on the UFA market

Trevor Lewis
Brian Boyle

Well what do you think? Sign both at $800,000 each?

I don't see how either of these guys are an improvement over what we already have. We have bottom six Cs. It's just a question of which ones we're going to move up in the lineup to slot in for Dach and Toews. Whichever ones we do, we have others to replace them. If there were top six Cs on the market that would be a different story, but there aren't.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
...on the UFA market

Trevor Lewis
Brian Boyle

Well what do you think? Sign both at $800,000 each?

They're no Centers...may have played at Center but they're natural Wingers. No improvement on what the Blackhawks already have. And I'm a huge fan of Lewis. Used to be one heck of a role player.

Best UFA Center still available is Christoval Nieves. Already 26 and a bit of a project and a long shot but he's actually a decent little player. Could be an option for the taxi squad. Had back luck with injuries and his Hartford stats are misleading because there's not much scoring on that team. Big guy with upside. Liked him in the NHL. Don't think the Blackhawks need him but he's the best UFA Center in my view.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We have enough options on the team.

Strome, Suter, Carpenter, Kampf, Wallmark, and now Soderberg.
Even prospects wise to rise throughout the year like Kurashev, Barratt, and Hagel had experience at center in Europe.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
1C Lucas Wallmark
2C Mattias Janmark
3C Carl Soderberg
4C David Kampf
(5C Ryan Carpenter)

There. Let's go Hawks!

EDIT: if there's injuries, Denis Savard is usually around the arena.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
1C Lucas Wallmark
2C Mattias Janmark
3C Carl Soderberg
4C David Kampf
(5C Ryan Carpenter)

There. Let's go Hawks!

EDIT: if there's injuries, Denis Savard is usually around the arena.

Janmark isn't a center. Let alone a top6 player:laugh:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Janmark isn't a center. Let alone a top6 player:laugh:
He is a center. Can play all forward positions. But I agree on the second point. Hawks really only have 3 top 6 forwards under contract and healthy at this point, and none of them centers.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He is a center. Can play all forward positions. But I agree on the second point. Hawks really only have 3 top 6 forwards under contract and healthy at this point, and none of them centers.

He's not. Hardly played Center at NHL level. Was tried a few times but at the end of the day, he's just much of a plug to play Center. Couldn't make plays to save his dear life. Also sucks at faceoffs.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Also sucks at faceoffs.
Well, he just sounds like a perfect fit with the Hawks, doesn't he?

Doesn't play center, sucks at faceoffs... 2nd line C for sure. Isn't that how Frolik was brought in? Rusty Olesz? Who else played 2nd line C, Saad?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Patrick Kane can score 100+pats with Anisimov as his center, and make Anisimov a consistent 20 goal scorer I'd say give Soderberg the spot with Kubalik and maybe Highmore
Suter Janmark and Wallmark
And then go nuclear with Debrincat Strome and Kane

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Strome
Suter
Soderberg
Wallmark
Kampf
Carpenter

Toews and Dach being out opens the door for Suter to step in at center.

Strome will get signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad