Center Ice vs GameCenter

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Got it - that makes more sense. Thanks.

Now, as to schedule, any current CI subsribers know the deal?
Will I be able to see:
(1)all Sabres games on center ice
(2)most Sabres games on CI (e.g., exclude Rogers/TSN Canadian home games / Sabres visitor)
(3)a lesser number of Sabres games

Perusing the Sabres schedule for October, it looks like #2 or #3.
No schedule yet for November.
Or is the "free trial" limited game availability?

Where do you live?

For DirecTV, the sabres Center Ice channel is MSG 635-1. For me in Ohio, the only Sabres games I don't get on that channel are the games that are nationally televised on NBC, NBCSN, or NHLN. So that's pretty much every game.

The free trial should be every game, but I'm pretty sure it expires before November It's only the first 3 weeks of the season. Keep in mind that not every game will be on in the 700's block of centerice channels. If a team has a RSN that is carried by DTV, that is the feed that gets activated if you subscribe to centerice (from start of game to end of game. No pregame or postgame, unless you also subscribe to the sportspack in addition to centerice). So you also need to hunt through the 600's if you're looking for other games you're not seeing.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
DTY Center Ice is the best experience I've had since I moved away. I tried Gamecenter one year and it was fine, but DTV covers me for both Bills & Sabres very easily.

Plus the feeds have been on point with my Bud Red Light so far. It's awesome.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Question about GameCenter. I know the games are archived immediately after completion..but what about during. Say if i missed the 1st period tonight, and wanted to come home and start the game from the beginning. is that possible?

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Question about GameCenter. I know the games are archived immediately after completion..but what about during. Say if i missed the 1st period tonight, and wanted to come home and start the game from the beginning. is that possible?

Yes. You can choose to either join the game in progress, or watch from the beginning.

Tonight vs. MTL will probably be the first blacked out game for me. Grr. Have to VPN it up I guess.

On another note ... I recently moved from NYC to ~30 minutes west of Kansas City. Just looked it up and realized that I'm technically in both FSN-MidWest and Altitude's regions, meaning both Blues and Avs games are blacked out for me, LOL.

Well, just more confirmation that I made the right choice in jumping ship from the Avs to the Sabres after the ROR trade. I was wondering why every damn Avs game was blacked out after I moved ... ha ha.

Pretty idiotic considering there isn't a single cable company that carries Altitude out here. The NHL, cable companies, whoever, really need to fix this **** already. It almost seems like they want to make it as hard as possible to be a fan and watch the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad