Center ice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 16, 2002
Rochester, NY
Visit site
After the free preview, i decided to buy the package. When i bought it, i got a list of "stuff i get" and like 4 of the things were the same, but worded differently lol, but #5 said this.....

"NHL® CENTER ICE® Extra is a 24/7 live source for scores, statistics, game previews, game recaps and schedule information. Statistics consist of league leaders, standings, player stats and more."

It says i should get it if i subscribe, but, i don't have it. What gives? Did they jib me? I mean i would have ordered anyways and only got that note after i ordered it, but seems like a cool channel....

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Brown37 said:
After the free preview, i decided to buy the package. When i bought it, i got a list of "stuff i get" and like 4 of the things were the same, but worded differently lol, but #5 said this.....

"NHL® CENTER ICE® Extra is a 24/7 live source for scores, statistics, game previews, game recaps and schedule information. Statistics consist of league leaders, standings, player stats and more."

It says i should get it if i subscribe, but, i don't have it. What gives? Did they jib me? I mean i would have ordered anyways and only got that note after i ordered it, but seems like a cool channel....
Mine said that as well and I have yet to see this so-called channel. Maybe it will be added after the "free preview" is over.:dunno:

Polydorus

Feb 5, 2004
Brown37 said:

I've had Center Ice since it started and don't remember ever seeing this before?

Hockey_Nut99

I was looking for this as well. There is a channel during games thats hows live scores. That's about it. Season leaders and stuff as well.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
My first thought was maybe it's a Hi Definition channel but as you can see in other posts that is not the case. When I saw that I liked the idea but I am not dishing out money for Center Ice. :biglaugh: :dunno:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
ROOKIE CHARGERS said:
My first thought was maybe it's a Hi Definition channel but as you can see in other posts that is not the case. When I saw that I liked the idea but I am not dishing out money for Center Ice. :biglaugh: :dunno:

Yet in Quebec it was only $100 before the start of the season whereas everyone else in the damn country had to pay full price.

penshavehope

Jul 30, 2004
someone please explain how this works-I live in NJ but cant watch devils games in NJ? I have direct tv- I want to watch my pens play the devils but have been blacked out? does MSG -Ranger games have proirtiy in nothern NJ?

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
penshavehope said:
someone please explain how this works-I live in NJ but cant watch devils games in NJ? I have direct tv- I want to watch my pens play the devils but have been blacked out? does MSG -Ranger games have proirtiy in nothern NJ?

Center Ice only gives you out-of-market games. In market broadcasts are supposed to be blacked out. If you have DirecTV, you should have the local RSNs (MSG, FSNY, etc) as part of the Total Choice package. Your expected to watch local in-market games on your local RSNs. It does kind of suck sometimes, though, when your local RSN is not broadcasting a game and the other teams feed is blacked out for you on Center Ice.

Oil_slick9416*

centre ice extra is just the Fisrt channal of the package (453 for me with cogeco)

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
In Canada NHL Network is the perfect source for this. Coming to the U.S. within 20-24 months according to the commissioner.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Spongebob said:
Starting today (November 14th) at 12:00pm Eastern time I had the channel Center Ice Extra added to my lineup. I haven't had a chance to explore it too much yet. But it is there.:)
What cable/satellite provider do you have? (I'm hoping it's DirecTV, since that's what I have.)

Edit: And if you do have DirecTV, what channel # is it on?

Last edited:

Rooselk

Jan 24, 2004
Billings, MT
I have Comcast cable and I have "Extra" as well. As was mentioned above, it's just the first station on NHL Center Ice and gives updates and scores.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i am moving into a house march 06, do they have a reduced price if you sign in at a later date?

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Rooselk said:
I have Comcast cable and I have "Extra" as well. As was mentioned above, it's just the first station on NHL Center Ice and gives updates and scores.

SERIOUS?!?!? WHat channel? my game channels are 772-779...anything close?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oil_slick9416 said:
centre ice extra is just the Fisrt channal of the package (453 for me with cogeco)

771 for me...it's off and on. I find no need for it, whenever I tune in and there aren't any games on its because i want to see whose playing that night.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
boredmale said:
i am moving into a house march 06, do they have a reduced price if you sign in at a later date?

Usually NHL Center Ice has an offer around February/March which allows you to purchase the package at a reduced price for the rest of the season plus all of the playoff games but you have to purchase the 2006-07 NHL center ice package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->